This aint no mouse

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Amit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: This aint no mouse

Post by Amit » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks Eternalme! That was enlightening indeed. I have a broomhandle I guess 1922-23 vintage…. and it’s barrel is shorter to what is shown in pics here!!!!

KragieSardar!
Your brother’s Broomhandle’s finish is really enviable…..is it the original finish or it has been re-blued in recent past?

Regards!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Incidentally the broom handle was the first gun I shot.
After that I had a chance to see another one in Varanasi with a Coal trading agent, can't recall his name though. His was kinda too aged with about 60% condition only.
Apart from the size this thing is wonderful , do you know someone else who has a broomhandle for sale ?
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:01 pm

bring out major nostalgia-handled one in 7.63 as a kid,actually got to fire it-possibly the first hangun i've fired.There is a mention of pre WW1 German emperor, who had a withered arm, using a specially built mauser c96 with a long barrel and stock for hunting deer...how well he did is not recorded :evil: also handled a WW2 vet's bolo mauser in impeccable condition, 9 in a circle emblazoned on the 'broomhandle' grips.Absolute murder to put together, if you are an 18 yr old with more testosterone than brains, as happened to me!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:17 pm

if you are an 18 yr old with more testosterone than brains, as happened to me!

At 50++ dare I say it must be the opposite now huh doc?? huh? :mrgreen:

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:44 pm

It used to be illegal in the US to own a broomhandle Mauser with the stock, but that was changed quite a few years ago, and it's now perfectly legal. Sold the stock for mine many years ago because of that, and am still kicking myself. Cheers.

kragiesardar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kragiesardar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 am

Amit";p="65300 wrote:Thanks Eternalme! That was enlightening indeed. I have a broomhandle I guess 1922-23 vintage…. and it’s barrel is shorter to what is shown in pics here!!!!

KragieSardar!
Your brother’s Broomhandle’s finish is really enviable…..is it the original finish or it has been re-blued in recent past?

Regards!!
Hi Amit,
He was told it was orignal, have my doubts about that as does he. Bore is pristine, all numbers match and there is no pitting. Given the age of it I doubt it is the orignal finish but if it was refurbished it was done very well.
Saw a American Rifleman show where they fired standard 9 mm and 45 against the World War II GI helmet, they both made some sizeable dents. Then they fired a Tokarev with the 7.62 MM and it punched a hole straight through....so much for old technology.
Warm regards,
Kragiesardar