Hammerli .22 Walther clone?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Hammerli .22 Walther clone?

Post by amk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Anyone seen these? Looks exactly like a Walther PPK, is apparently produced under license from Walther and is chambered for .22 LR. Pretty neat looking piece. The company is well known for ISSF style pistols so does anyone know about this piece? What should the price be? The seller was asking for a price akin to .22 Walther PPK but is now willing to reduce.

AMK

-- Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:30 --

I can't find any info on this anywhere on the web.

The best I could find was something to do with Hammerli Tiengen. I am putting 2 and 2 together so Imay be completely wrong but it seems that these are East German made Walthers which were sold to some company called Hammerli Tiengen. All Walther clones and licensed pieces (except the US ones) arguably are better built and more reliable than the original Walthers.

This is a sweet looking .22 gun and I may just buy it; unless someone has some specific advice against it. The bluing is original and in great condition.

AMK

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Hammerli .22 Walther clone?

Post by marksman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 am

amk,
I had seen one in Mumbai and compared to a Walther ppk, it was as good or better. Incidentally this too was a .22 lr. It had "Hammerli" embossed boldly on the left side of the slide with other details. Could be the same that has come around. It was in brand new condition (without the box)when I saw and handled it which was about 18 yrs. ago. I'd say go ahead and buy it if its in good shooting condition. You have nothing to loose. In fact it could be a collectors piece for all you know. The original owner was a Gujarati gentleman who sold the pistol to a Rifle club 'cause he was migrating to USA.The club sold it off to an unknown party probably out of mumbai. Hope this helps. It was made on a personal order by an individual by Hammerli, I was told. I neither believed nor disbelieved this then. :roll:
Marksman

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hammerli .22 Walther clone?

Post by amk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks marksman, this very well could be the same one. I don't believe such stories too but haven't been told this one yet :-) I was told Hammerli produced it under license but I can't find any such information. Hammerli produced the PP Sport under license but not the PPK. However, anything is possible in arms manufacturing and dealing. During the years Walther was not allowed to manufacture guns they may have covertly or openly allowed many others to manufacture them outside the country.

Haven't yet decided mate, torn between this a Mauser HSc.

AMK