Suggestions/Reviews for a .22 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mehulkamdar

Re: Suggestions/Reviews for a .22 pistol

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am

TC,

What I posted are regular prices at discount stores like Mill's Fleet Farm in Wisconsin. There are occasional closeouts that are even cheaper. There is no country that is as supportive of the shooting sports as the US is.

BTW at my club, 12 bore ammunition is sold at cost - $ 2.75 for a box of 25 rounds. Try to beat those prices anywhere else!

Cheers!

For Advertising mail webmaster
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Yes.... definitely feels good :) Get me 5 bricks if you are going back next week ;)

I might stop by at the NSC today (Sunday). Maybe not to shoot, just to check on my membership. I had mailed my form and the check earlier this week.

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Rs. 17 for Winchester Ammo is rather good. These days you end up paying Rs. 15 odd or higher for IOF .22 LR in most Eastern states.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:45 pm

Amit,

Will do. Hope to be in Milwaukee on Thursday if my plans stay on course. Can;t make it to Naperville today but I shall call you and talk sometime later in the evening.

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Yesterday I managed to get two boxes of Winchester Super X and paid Rs 1700 for 100. That works out to Rs 17 per ammo. And believe me I felt lucky !
You lucky dawg!!! :mrgreen:

The cheapest I have got in the market is Rs.27 per round of SK Magazine. :roll: And I thought I was lucky!

Normally it's anything between Rs.40 and Rs.60. :evil:

Mack The Knife

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 am

Mehul I agree on that. India takes the backseat when it comes to supporting shooting sports. We are light years behind the US and never hope to catch up.

Mack The Knife, I cant believe what I just read. Rs 60 for SK !
The highest amount I have ever paid to a dealer was Rs 35 for CCI stingers.
Standard velocity ammo like Eley Tenex and SK retails at around Rs 20/22 at dealers.

TC

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 am

Rs. 55 to 60.00 is for Yellow Jackets and other Hyper Velocity rounds.

Frigging techies over here don't know what to do with their money.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Oye that's just a few bucks more the KF stuff. Good deal man and really good show. Enjoy em.

Regards,

Dev
TC";p="12074 wrote: 7 $ for a brick of 500 ! ! !

Yesterday I managed to get two boxes of Winchester Super X and paid Rs 1700 for 100. That works out to Rs 17 per ammo. And believe me I felt lucky !

Regards

TC
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:59 am

So the gun seems to be all 'broken in' now. Here's a recent picture. I now have a red dot sight on it and I can get a 2-3 inch group at 75 yards :D

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:12 am

Amit,

Absolutely lovely! Looks perfect to take bunny bashing. 8) I know Illinois has a season on rabbits but IIRC Wisconsin doesn't and we could go out sometime after it warms up if you're game. The friend with whom I go out on his boat in Wisconsin (He fishes while I enjoy drinking beer on the boat) has a nice little 150 acre property ner Chippewa Falls where we could go if you're game. He has two grandsons who are Hope's age and we could leave the ladies with his step daughters while we take him out hunting. Will talk to you about it tomorrow.

Cheers, buddy!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:21 am

Nice Conty she sure does look all decked up for a party..even I saw a same one with my dealer...but the hassle is way too much.

Have fun with Mehul..Chippewa falls..darn it brings back memories of good old Minnesota..

All the best

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:25 pm

where are you my friend ? i wish i could get winchester ammo for Rs.17. dealers sell cci ammo for Rs.40 per round in Delhi. so i still buy the odd two boxes of k.f. for about a grand.

regards,

dev
TC";p="12074 wrote: 7 $ for a brick of 500 ! ! !

Regards

TC
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:22 pm

mehulkamdar";p="17902 wrote: Amit,

Absolutely lovely! Looks perfect to take bunny bashing. 8) I know Illinois has a season on rabbits but IIRC Wisconsin doesn't and we could go out sometime after it warms up if you're game. The friend with whom I go out on his boat in Wisconsin (He fishes while I enjoy drinking beer on the boat) has a nice little 150 acre property ner Chippewa Falls where we could go if you're game. He has two grandsons who are Hope's age and we could leave the ladies with his step daughters while we take him out hunting. Will talk to you about it tomorrow.

Cheers, buddy!

Of course I am game man... I can't wait for it to get warm. And like I told you before, we HAVE to make a schedule for the entire summer ;) A Bunny hunt with fishing sounds like a good idea for starters :D

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Amit,

Will call you today and work this out. Yes, I am looking forward to the summer - hopefully, Inder would be here too to join us. I am hoping to tempt him with these posts to come sooner than he plans to. :twisted: :lol:

Navdeep,

If Chippewa Falls bring back good memories, all that's left for you to do is to come over yourself. You have a 22 pistol as well as a shotgun - both are perfect for bunny bashing. And, of course, I don;t need to tell you again that you're welcome to join - work kept you away the last time, but this time, try to slip away if you can.

Cheers!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:06 am

Mehul

Running out of excuses here
Thanks