HUSQVARNA PISTOL

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: HUSQVARNA PISTOL

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:46 am

Talluriravi,

I can imagine your situation but taking a close look at the photo , I dont think its a swedish make HUSQVARNA PISTOL but a counterfeit copy made by some local gunsmith. HUSQVARNA generally makes and replicate populer models mostly for service pistols and if you look at them you can easily determine the quality of work and the difference with the piece that you have. Also in your model the hammer is sitting too high which almost blocking the rear sight which is higly unlikely in any double action pistol made by some professional makers. You can do the following

The barrel is the hardest part to imitate locally, specially the rifling, take a close look at the inside of the barrel and see how it looks like. How is the land and grooves, are they evenly distributed ? also these gunsmith often pays less attention to the internal parts so field strip your pistol and check every parts very carefully the finishing , the cutting, sitting in the frame, if possible take a picture of them and post it here may be it reveals many things.

if possible try to contact dealer and ask for a full refund and buy a pistol from other reliable dealer probably a IOF or some other populer make.

Regards
Saptarshi

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:28 am

cottage cheese wrote:
By the way, are these the markings on the slide or the barrel?... all that would be an awful lot of text for a pistol barrel carry. The barrel, typically should have markings only on the chamber/ejection port area. That too, only the bore (i.e .32ACp or 7.65mm) serial number and a proof stamp.

I'm more convinced this is a desi 'kaunsavarna' ... :mrgreen:
There were at least five different texts on the slides of the Husqvarna pistols . Also the Husq logo was on the grips rather than on the slide .

Here is a useful link for the text/markings on the slide. The pictures are of a more "familiar" model handgun though. :)

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/m07/pist07_3.htm

best,
Rp
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:48 am

What a scoop guys, :D

I wonder how these guys manage to get these pistols entered on licenses... :?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 am

kanwar76 wrote:What a scoop guys, :D

I wonder how these guys manage to get these pistols entered on licenses... :?

-Inder
Money... :)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

talluriravi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by talluriravi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm

FRIENDS...TO I FIRED THE PISTOL 17 TIMES.......NO JAMMING PROBLEM...TOMORROW I AM GOING TO MEET THE DEALER . HIS NAME.......AMEER......HE IS RUNNING A SHOP UNDER THE NAME AND STYLE OF VISAKHA ARMS AND AMMUNIATIONS.....

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm

talluriravi wrote:TOMORROW I AM GOING TO MEET THE DEALER .
I suggest that you read up about Husqvarna handguns , the calibers made by them and the various models, proof marks and the text written on the slide before you confront the dealer .

good luck ,

Rp
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:24 pm

talluriravi wrote:FRIENDS...TO I FIRED THE PISTOL 17 TIMES.......NO JAMMING PROBLEM...TOMORROW I AM GOING TO MEET THE DEALER . HIS NAME.......AMEER......HE IS RUNNING A SHOP UNDER THE NAME AND STYLE OF VISAKHA ARMS AND AMMUNIATIONS.....
Ok, now gentlemen, in interest of being fair and objective, one may also consider the possibility that the dealer may not be entirely the guilty party. He may have bought it off an individual (who may indeed be the guilty party)...or it may go even further down the line.

The dealer may simply have had one thing in mind when he came across the piece - Phoren gun!... I don't need to elaborate the rest of the equation.

It is probable the poor idiot didn't know the difference between a Husqvarna and a desi piece. All that mattered was the Phoren bit.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:35 pm

cottage cheese wrote:
talluriravi wrote:FRIENDS...TO I FIRED THE PISTOL 17 TIMES.......NO JAMMING PROBLEM...TOMORROW I AM GOING TO MEET THE DEALER . HIS NAME.......AMEER......HE IS RUNNING A SHOP UNDER THE NAME AND STYLE OF VISAKHA ARMS AND AMMUNIATIONS.....
Ok, now gentlemen, in interest of being fair and objective, one may also consider the possibility that the dealer may not be entirely the guilty party. He may have bought it off an individual (who may indeed be the guilty party)...or it may go even further down the line.

The dealer may simply have had one thing in mind when he came across the piece - Phoren gun!... I don't need to elaborate the rest of the equation.

It is probable the poor idiot didn't know the difference between a Husqvarna and a desi piece. All that mattered was the Phoren bit.

regards,
cc
My first impression was it looked very similar to the arms confiscated by the police ( that topic was discussed on IFG, if someone could find that link?) in Bihar.

As CC says the dealer himself could have been duped and there are quite a few dealers who know little about firearms.But, the interesting part is how could this be entered on a license or transferred.Is it possible that the guy who sold it to the dealer also forged a license?

Ravi garu, you better take close and clear pictures of the barrel markings- remove the slide and the barrel,look for any markings, take pictures and post them here.

Then we can be a bit more certain that it's a fake and you can get your money and peace back.

Also, could you please not type in all capitals?A bit difficult to read.Thanks.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

talluriravi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by talluriravi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:30 pm

friends, if the dealer refund my money....wat is my next option.......in my budget of Rs 250,000/-.......

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 pm

talluriravi wrote:friends, if the dealer refund my money....wat is my next option.......in my budget of Rs 250,000/-.......
Ravi garu,

There are no ifs to be had in your case.The only if is whether your gun is a forged one.To verify that, we need all the proof marks and any other manufacturer's marks on the pistol.Get hold of a decent digital camera,take good quality clear,clear enough to be able to read the letters and markings, pictures,especially of the removed barrel and the slide, and post them here.

If it is a counterfeit, he stands the risk of losing his license and also risks going to prison.You are an advocate,aren't you?

The IOF made pistol or revolver seem not to be bad for users like you and it saves you some money too.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 pm

hi talluravi
i suggest you to gave back the gun and get the money refunded.after that book a iof .32 pistol which will cost you 70k but you have to wait for another 8-9 months to get it from iof factory,and if you are in no mood of waiting then go for a second hand iof pistol from some dealer.you can get a latest model for something between 125-135k.i think thats the best option available.im too having a 2008 model iof pistol which i bought from a gun dealer for 138k.it works flawlessly with no jamming at all.why to keep a doubt ridden gun.take care

bullshitwalks
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bullshitwalks » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 am

i totally agree with ravizz and cc. i have a couple of pics of bihar made pistols which look more or less like the one mentioned here. if the mods have no problems i can also post the pics.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 am

So what is the outcome of this?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Yep, what was the final outcome? Did you get your money back?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

talluriravi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by talluriravi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm

todays back i met the dealer and return the weapon and asked him to pay my money back.....he request me to take another weapon instead of money..... he sujjested MAB / Bernardelli and asked me to pay another 50,000/-..total it costs 3,00,000/- shall i proceed...this time i want post photographs in this forum before purchase....

-- Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 pm --
Last edited by talluriravi on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.