price of iof pistols/ revolver through a dealer

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

price of iof pistols/ revolver through a dealer

Post by tarzanboy73 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:27 pm

would anyone know the price of an IOF .22 revolver/.32 pistol if purchased from a dealer? I suppose the dealers will do some modifications to the grip etc. ..

cheers

tarzan

For Advertising mail webmaster
jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: price of iof pistols/ revolver through a dealer

Post by jaz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:50 pm

tarzan :roll: looter quote 1.25k to 1.3 k in Punjab and above all selling good number , Better to book directly.

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 am

Hi Tarzan,
I believe you are an armed forces (Army) officer. Does that help you to get the desired license easily and also does army help you in any way if you want o buy arms ?
Cheers
MSandhu
Last edited by msandhu on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:46 am

hi tarzan
it seems punjab is a better deal.im from rajasthan and paid 138k to a dealer for a 2008 model .32 iof ashani pistol in jan 2009.where as .22 rev could be anything between 45-55k.

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 am

msandhu wrote:Hi Tarzan,
I believe you are an armed forces (Army) officer. Does that help you to get the desired license easily and also does army help you in any way if you want o buy arms ?
Cheers
MSandhu

Hi MS,
Naval officer actually. Help in the sense that ,since we forward our license applications through the armed forces chain of command we get them eventually. In case of buying arms, nothing for NPB. we pay existing market rates. However we are allowed to apply for NSP weapons as we call it from the ordanance corps.these are basically captured old stuff, refurbished and not used or not fit for use by the armed forces. a person is lucky to get it within 15 yrs of applying. :D

cheers

tarzan

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Bough an IOF .32 revolver thru a dealer in Delhi.....
Incidentally, the revolver was nicely blued and with walnut grips.....didn't mind paying 80K :D

Nishant

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:34 pm

thanks for the update nishant. how old was it? 80 k sounds reasonable. does it fire well? have never fired a npb weapon so far....so really dont know how they feel like.

cheers

tarzan

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:15 pm

saahil wrote:hi tarzan
it seems punjab is a better deal.im from rajasthan and paid 138k to a dealer for a 2008 model .32 iof ashani pistol in jan 2009.where as .22 rev could be anything between 45-55k.

we can not sell iof rev for 5 years from the day we buy it. does that not apply to the ashani pistol ?
and does anybody know why the pistol is called ashani ?

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 pm

tarzanboy73 wrote:thanks for the update nishant. how old was it? 80 k sounds reasonable. does it fire well? have never fired a npb weapon so far....so really dont know how they feel like.

cheers

tarzan
Hi Tarzan,
There is a big difference between Arms what you get in the civilian market in India and what you get in your service. I believe that you have good experience with 9mm handguns which i think is minimum for self defense. The best and maybe quite expensive you can get in NPB for self defense is 38 cal. After that only good option in NPB is .32. (even .32 is not considered good for self defense).
I though since u r in navy, you might get some exceptions to keep a PB weapon but i guess i was wrong.
Cheers
MSandhu

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am

Hi MS,

the NSP weapons I spoke about are in fact mainly PB. So in that sense yes, if we are allotted one we get a license. However to apply for a PB weapon not through the army would cause me as much grief as it is causing MS Dhoni. :D

and 9mm handguns are used by us and most of us are quite proficient in their use. We do have other handguns but those are not so commonly used. A handgun is always the secondary weapon and used for tasks where a 'long ' would not be appropriate.

I honestly have never fired a revolver so, I want to first get a .22 , get a feel for it and then maybe upgrade. Though if I do get one allotted, ( that might take 15 yrs though) that should be better.

cheers

tarzan

ps and yes why is it called an ashani pistol?