9mm pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kalaadvocate
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

9mm pistol

Post by kalaadvocate » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:07 am

Friends....look at this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 9mm pistol

Post by The Doc » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:40 pm

I did, thank you , it is a Glock 17 . Is it yours ?

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 pm

hey doc !

howz that possible ? its got some fiber kinda work done on the grips which is not done on Glock17...
please throw some light...
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 am

lionheartguru wrote: its got some fiber kinda work done on the grips which is not done on Glock17
The Glock's frame, magazine body and several other components are made from a high-strength nylon-based polymer called Polymer 2. Polymer 2 provides increased durability and is more resilient than carbon steel and most steel alloys. The grip has a non-slip, stippled surface on the sides and both the front and rear straps. The barrel and slide are both metal and have "Tenifer finish " which in fact is more corrosion-resistant than other types of finishes like Teflon, bluing, hard chrome plating, phosphates etc .

Read more here .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_pistol
and
http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/glock17.htm

HTH,

best,

Rp.

P.S If the picture posted by kalaadvocate is of a replica, it is a clever copy . :)
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

kalaadvocate
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kalaadvocate » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:29 pm

hi...its not replica. Its my friends service pistol. he is working as Inspector of police.

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 pm

ya coz even my bro a cop with narcotics he uses a different 1 ... howz that possible?

Or in plain English

My brother is a cop and works with Narcotics.He uses a different model.How is that possible?

No text speak on IFG,please.Thank you.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Its a Glock 17 Generation 3. The Gen 3 has finger finger grooves on the front strap as well as the RTF. I have seen Gen IIs with cops here but the Gen III is news for me.

Also note the tactical rail on this gun.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone