IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: High Velocity Hollow Point Ammo for IOF .22 Revolver ???

Post by TC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:24 pm

IOF wants to metamorphosise into Smith and Wesson !!! Thats why. Before coming up with the the all aluminium (aircraft grade) Air-Lite series, which later on replaced the .22 kit-gun series, S&W had a .22 model (probably # 110 or 101 or something) which had a full alloy body, alloy cylinder and a steel barrel. This was manufactured in the 70s. I have used and fired this model. It was very light.
IOF guys probably did not want to waste any time and went for these two full alloy models...

And we ended up at the receiving end.

For Advertising mail webmaster

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:38 pm

Cottage chese,
Try this link on making/drilling revolver cylinders

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/u ... 6/819.html

penpusher

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:46 pm

Hah hah haaa...too funny the mind and body dialogue thing ;-).

Regards,

Dev
penpusher";p="7581 wrote: Badshah,
Your aim is off probably because ,at a sub conscious level, your mind is telling you that the revolver is going to blow up any minute :lol:

penpusher

PS-Have prepared another application under RTI for the OFB :wink:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:56 am

Thanks penpusher.read the article.

Point is while most of us keep gazing at pieces produced by Smith and Wesson (and its Performance Centre) - in stainless steel, Titanium and Scandium alloy - the Model 629 stealth Hunter, the 629 compensated hunter 686 International DX Competition et al, our dear old IOF keep producing blocks of aluminium. If anyone mentions titanium it will possibly repeat two interesting words I found in the article you referred - expensivium and unobtainium !!!!

Call it pot luck - we end up with an industry that cannot even produce a good clone of lets say good ol Colt 45. Something successfully been done by countless factories across the globe-legitimately and otherwise.

Have any of you fired the IOF produced copy of HP/GP35. I have. The slide rattles after 1000 odd rounds, the edges remind you of a Mungher latheshop and less said about accuracy the better. In contrast, think about the finer versions of the old GP - Mark II, III, Captain, Brigadier, BDA, BDM...

We stand still and import....

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:07 am

Gr88888888888888888..Thanx..Very helpful link,,,other info available is also very helpful..
penpusher";p="7712 wrote: Cottage chese,
Try this link on making/drilling revolver cylinders

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/u ... 6/819.html

penpusher
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

TC
Veteran
Veteran

IOF to launch new .22 revolver

Post by TC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Attention members, today I learnt that in less than six months IOF Ishapore is going to launch the ALL -STEEL version of the .22 revolver. The basic configuration will remain the same and it will cost about 15/20 thousand more than the aluminium model. The price is not yet fixed but dealers have already got the intimation and feedback from the factory.
The project was launched more than a year ago when complaints with the present model started mounting. Although some dealers and users advised the IOF to come with a steel model with four inch barrel I am told that they are sticking to the 2 inch barrel. Probably they do not want to present the Indian popuation with more accuracy and range.

I apologise to the moderators for starting a new topic. Thought this will get everybidy's attention and those who were about to buy the alloy model might wait for some time.

So long

TC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:06 pm

To which extend this information is reliable?so that i can wait for it.
thanx
TC";p="8659 wrote: Attention members, today I learnt that in less than six months IOF Ishapore is going to launch the ALL -STEEL version of the .22 revolver. The basic configuration will remain the same and it will cost about 15/20 thousand more than the aluminium model. TC
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 pm

I am going to SAF, KANPUR in Jan. Will enquire from there... and post the results... !

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Boss SAF is not going to manufacture it..22 Rev. are made by IOF Ishapur .
My real Chacha is working in SAF,Kanpur,He donn have any info regarding it.
Anupam";p="8678 wrote: I am going to SAF, KANPUR in Jan. Will enquire from there... and post the results... !

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:09 am

Hey please some one confirm this news. I am planning to buy one.

Danish

penpusher

Re: IOF to launch new .22 revolver

Post by penpusher » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 am

The best person to confirm this is TC himself

penpusher

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:03 am

TC , are you sure this is finalized .. as I asked my own uncle as he is working there as Jt GM and according to him they have submitted a sample copy (all Steel version with 66mm barrel ) for approval but nothing has been finalised yet.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:38 am

Quite a contradiction :( !! Badshah's chacha has no info on the .22 while saptarshi's uncle knows about a submitted sample copy...
Anyways.. guess it'll be wait and watch....
By the way, Saptarshi, u cud ask yr uncle about the laser sighted .32 (new model) that they are launching in Jan 07. :) It'll help many who have no choice but the IOF .32...

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:56 am

Hi Anupam,
As i wrote earlier-.22 Revolver is a product of IOF Ishapur not SAF Kanpur.
Secondly I wrote my uncle is in SAF ,not in IOF Ishapur.
regarding .32 Laser sight i have already written in one of the post descussed earlier ,that it is in process and will be lounched soon.I got this news from him.
thanks ,
badshah
Anupam";p="8705 wrote: Quite a contradiction :( !! Badshah's chacha has no info on the .22 while saptarshi's uncle knows about a submitted sample copy...
Anyways.. guess it'll be wait and watch....
By the way, Saptarshi, u cud ask yr uncle about the laser sighted .32 (new model) that they are launching in Jan 07. :) It'll help many who have no choice but the IOF .32...