IOF .22 LR rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Post Reply
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Hyderabad

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Anand » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm

AFAI have deciphered, the first 2/3 digits are the year of manufacture, the next 4 digits are the model number(3100 I think) and the last 3 digits are the number of rifles manufactured in that year. For example, mine is 08 3100 4xx, so manufactuered in 2008. My friend's is 018 3100 xxx, manufactured in 2018.
Any members know any more please add.
Anand

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by snIPer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks Anand,
At last i got the year of manufacture :-) , just a little curious, this has 06 3101 - im wondering how its 06 but has model 3101 while yours is 08 and has model 3100.

Any idea what the differences are between the models - it all seems to be a highly guarded secret or nobody knows.

/S
Anand wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm
AFAI have deciphered, the first 2/3 digits are the year of manufacture, the next 4 digits are the model number(3100 I think) and the last 3 digits are the number of rifles manufactured in that year. For example, mine is 08 3100 4xx, so manufactuered in 2008. My friend's is 018 3100 xxx, manufactured in 2018.
Any members know any more please add.
Anand
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: Cuttack. Orissa

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Pradyumna » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I had one with serial no. 02K1260.

User avatar
K Vanlalrengpuia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by K Vanlalrengpuia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Where Can i buy IOF .22 Sporting Rifle Please, I have Purchase permit, But no gun dealer nearby me. Please help

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Can anyone post the pictures of the latest IOF.22 Rifle . I heard that it has been modified . Can any dealers throw light with pictures

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Bishop » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:30 pm
Can anyone post the pictures of the latest IOF.22 Rifle . I heard that it has been modified . Can any dealers throw light with pictures
If this is true, it's great news.I hope the changes are not just some cosmetic changes but functional too.Eagerly waiting for authentic images to show up.

User avatar
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Delhi

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Chengy » Tue May 03, 2022 7:59 pm

I have a 2014 model IOF 0.22 Rifle. Have fired about 2000 rounds through it over the years. Now am having a peculiar problem. The safety lever had become progressively hard to engage and now does not engage at all. The firing pin is not hitting properly and rounds are misfiring. Any idea what is wrong and where can I get it repaired. Did not have any problems before this. I'm based in Delhi.

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Vineet » Tue May 03, 2022 9:55 pm

Chengy wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:59 pm
I have a 2014 model IOF 0.22 Rifle. Have fired about 2000 rounds through it over the years. Now am having a peculiar problem. The safety lever had become progressively hard to engage and now does not engage at all. The firing pin is not hitting properly and rounds are misfiring. Any idea what is wrong and where can I get it repaired. Did not have any problems before this. I'm based in Delhi.
Disassemble the bolt completely and clean it thoroughly. See if the problem gets solved or show it to some good gunsmith.

Regarding the disassembly of the bolt, watch the video on YouTube of Brno rifle bolt disassembly. IOF is copy of Brno rifle.

Has the trigger become lighter ? Maybe the sear has worn out.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Delhi

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Chengy » Sat May 07, 2022 1:45 pm

Tried it. Problem still remains. Any recommendations for a good gunsmith in and around Delhi. Regards

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Vineet » Sun May 08, 2022 8:48 am

If cleaning haven’t solved the problem then most likely it’s due to the wear. Now the sear does not hold the cocking piece back far enough. Due to this the firing pin is not hitting with full power and the safety is not engaging. Has the trigger pull became lighter ?

Regarding gunsmith in Delhi, someone from Delhi will be able to help you better or PM to Abhijeet (mundaire) he is from Delhi.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Khurpatal

Re: IOF .22 LR rifle

Post by Risala » Mon May 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Chengy wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:45 pm
Tried it. Problem still remains. Any recommendations for a good gunsmith in and around Delhi. Regards
Hassan Khan National Gun House in Aligarh,supposed to be very good.
A little far but Bobby Sidhu in Patiala is the best.

Post Reply