Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Posts related to rifles.
Post Reply
Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: India

Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by Operator » Wed May 17, 2023 2:54 pm

Hi Just sharing pictures of my Remington 700 BDL chambered in 30-06.






For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by eljefe » Wed May 17, 2023 3:01 pm

Handsome piece of kit. How does it shoot?
I picked a eco model 78. My first Yank gun. It’s in 7-08. Only for action value to convert to .338 Fed.
Scrubbed and cleaned and 3 shots at 100 with Federal factory ammo gave me 20mm! So I formed 100 cases from .308, neck turned et al. Tried everything from 130 gr cast to 160 gr and- it shoots like stink!
Made it my ute gun. .338 Fed on the back burner and am working on pimping up the 7x57
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

User avatar
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5070
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by Vikram » Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 pm

Operator wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:54 pm
Hi Just sharing pictures of my Remington 700 BDL chambered in 30-06.

That is a lovely looking rifle. (y) (y)
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Deepraj patil1616
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Panhala, kolhapur, Maharashtra

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by Deepraj patil1616 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:40 pm

It's a true classic rifle, a beautiful work of art.
At what price you got her?

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by timmy » Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm

Operator, you have a very nice rifle, indeed! Whether it is shooting it, or simply holding it or looking at it, it is obvious why you will enjoy such a nice rifle for years to come. It is nice for me simply to contemplate your joy at touching off that first round, with all of the sights, sounds sensations, and smells that this will bring to you.

Congratulations!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: India

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by Operator » Fri May 26, 2023 10:42 am

eljefe wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:01 pm
Handsome piece of kit. How does it shoot?
I picked a eco model 78. My first Yank gun. It’s in 7-08. Only for action value to convert to .338 Fed.
Scrubbed and cleaned and 3 shots at 100 with Federal factory ammo gave me 20mm! So I formed 100 cases from .308, neck turned et al. Tried everything from 130 gr cast to 160 gr and- it shoots like stink!
Made it my ute gun. .338 Fed on the back burner and am working on pimping up the 7x57
Thank you , the first ten shots felt so good . I don’t have words to describe it. The recoil , the sound , the smell , action is so smooth the ejection is perfect . This weapon feels like it was made for me .
Will do a grouping test soon at 50 metres.

timmy wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm
Operator, you have a very nice rifle, indeed! Whether it is shooting it, or simply holding it or looking at it, it is obvious why you will enjoy such a nice rifle for years to come. It is nice for me simply to contemplate your joy at touching off that first round, with all of the sights, sounds sensations, and smells that this will bring to you.

Congratulations!
Thank you Timmy , you were a big help when i was trying to learn more about this weapon which finally made me go for it.
You are right i just keep smiling when I hold this rifle, I can’t believe that i have this with me .

Vikram wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 pm
Operator wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:54 pm
Hi Just sharing pictures of my Remington 700 BDL chambered in 30-06.

That is a lovely looking rifle. (y) (y)
Thank you Vikram Ji

Deepraj patil1616 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:40 pm
It's a true classic rifle, a beautiful work of art.
At what price you got her?

Thank you

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:03 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Remington 700 BDL short barrel

Post by herb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm

Love it. always liked the older Rem 700's. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Post Reply