An old Brno

Posts related to rifles.
herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

An old Brno

Post by herb » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:18 am

Sharing some pics of an old Brno model 5 made in 1968. the bluing is nearly gone but the wood and bore is in very good condition and the rifle functions flawlessly.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: An old Brno

Post by timmy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:40 am

Herb: the Czechs certainly do make some very nice firearms, don't they? They so often have just the right touch that is always part of a fine a fine rifle.

Looking at your rifle, I can imagine many pleasant warm afternoons in the pastures thinning out the varmint population, or even humble (but lots of fun) activities like dispatching rats in the dump. (It may sound unpleasant, but don't knock it until you've tried it!)

Whether in use or in just handling, the feel of operating a well machined and finished gun like yours shown here is always a source of delight.

Thanks for sharing this one with us, Herb!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Able » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 am

What a beautiful piece you have there.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:55 pm

Nice little rifle, Herb.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 pm

Thanks everyone.
timmy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:40 am
Herb: the Czechs certainly do make some very nice firearms, don't they? They so often have just the right touch that is always part of a fine a fine rifle.
Agree, I always admired their older rimfire rifles. Even the older centre fire rifles manufactured by them like the ZG47, 21H and 600 series were great rifles not to mention the 550 magnums based on the magnum Mauser actions. I owned a few 550 magnums over the years and found them to be excellent rifles for the money. I found them a little heavy for the .375 H&H but perfect size for the .416 Rigby,