.22 Stevens semi auto model 87D

Posts related to rifles.
sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

.22 Stevens semi auto model 87D

Post by sudhaiob » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Hello
Can anybody help in the review of Stevens .22 sa chambered for short,long and lr. the model is 87d
thanks
sudhaiob

For Advertising mail webmaster
mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: .22 Stevens semi auto model 87D

Post by mashh1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:48 pm

sudhaiob, my father had a savage rifle which i think is a latter version of steven as Savage bought the company at some time. it was inscribed with 22 short, long and long rifle. this rifle is currently with my elder brother, i had shot this rifle for a number of years as it was the first rifle i was permitted to shot.
this gun has two type of firing options. it can fire semi automatic with LR as any SA rifle will do but its unique feature was that it can be converted into bolt action by pushing the cocking handle knob in. although that mode was used to fire shot and long cartridges, which we never used. it had iron sights and there were machining on the receiver for scope base but we never put one on it. it was very accurate and reliable and very well built rifle and accuracy was batter than many 22 rifles i bought later in life and will out shot my Erma 22 rifle even today. i am still looking for one in good condition and buy one as soon as i see a well cared example.
regards

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm

hello mashh1
The stevens i referred to is made by savage
regs
sudhaiob

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:29 pm

hi
is Savage/Stevens Arms Corp. is written on your rifle as later when savage bought steven, they have started writing so. but i think there is no difference in operation of firearm. i will take & post some pic whenever i will visit my bro.
regards