One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:48 pm

congrats ....
klick klack..... diskaon

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Got my shooting iron

Post by penpusher » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Now go and win that Olympic gold for India and earn the tax break that you got.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 pm

penpusher";p="39037 wrote:Now go and win that Olympic gold for India and earn the tax break that you got.
:lol: Well penpusher I already earned it when I became a renowned shooter - the "tax break" is given to all renowned shooters. The Olympic gold cannot be won using ones personal resources - you need far too much money for that ! and unfortunatley the big bore was removed from the Olympic agenda and is now only on the commonwealth and world cup level. My immidiate aim to repay the GOI for its "kindness" is to become a renowned shot AGAIN 8)

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:40 pm

OverUnderPump";p="38919 wrote:Nice acquisition Shutzen, whats the twist rate of this barrel and is it single shot or mag capable?

Cheerio
8)
OUP
HI! THanks here are the specs you asked for: Barrel lenght without barrel extension 627 mm, rate of twist 1-11" , No. of grooves 4 . It is capable of both.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:50 pm

HSharief";p="38998 wrote:Shutzen, with the QD scope mount and the scope, how well does it retain zero ? The notches in the barrel seem meagre to grab a good bite on the QA mount.
HI! Well I haveto fire and find out but this same qd scope mount and saddle mount is commont to the entire range of blaser R93 series - so it must be working. On the blaser forums too I have not heard anyone b**ch about em except for their price ! Euro 280 for the mount and two rings! - they bloody well be coming back to zero spot on! Extreme case scenario - in the USA PPL have tried to have smiths drill the blaser barrel with no luck and have had to sent the barrels back to the factory in Germany for customisation but in Indaia the land of jugad we dont need to do that I think since the barrel is detachable and IN Chandigarh Industrial area we have enough cnc wirecut , spark ersosion job workers I will simply have a dovetail cut onto the barrel. :)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Shutzen,

That is a very nice rifle.Congratulations.All the very best at the Nationals and the Commonwealth games.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Sharief: Those mounts stay on even with the big magnums,and very nicely return to zero after being taken off. The did their homework.
Cheers!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Best of luck for the Nationals Shutzen

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:52 pm

penpusher";p="40826 wrote:Best of luck for the Nationals Shutzen
Thanks - I am sure the tons of luck & good wishes from all the board members will enable me to hopefully shoot a team medal and thank GOI once again this year... BTW what about you? any plans on trying this year ? I guess the launch of the injun thirty will satisfy the gun lust of many shooters and they will simply buy that instead of the long difficult ardous import route ?
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Not this time.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 pm

The R93 is quite the weapon. Congratulations. You probably have the only one in the country.

Just out of curiosity what range are you shooting it at compititively?