Grumpys` new toy.

Posts related to rifles.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:16 pm

I cannot even identify production stuff leave alone semi-custom or custom stuff.

However, just out of interest I would like to see it.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Grumpys` new toy.

Post by Grumpy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:45 pm

Oh this is definitely production `stuff`. I`ll email the pics to you.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:12 am

These are the pics sent byGrumpy.Ain't she a beaut?

Enjoy!

I am at the new teaser Grumpy.You are right Mack The Knife, I was fixated with finding the maker of this rilfe.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:26 am

I can clearly see a "Made in Italy" stamp on the receiver... that should help you in your quest Vikram ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:36 am

He's already got this one, Abhijeet. The new teaser is an O/U shotty that can also double as a double rifle.

Lovely rifle, Grumpy. Congratulations! What is that metal bit sitting on the flat of the stock just forward of the bolt handle? A magazine release? I assumed this would be a top loader.

What scope do you have in mind for this rifle?

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:18 pm

Not quite sure of its` purpose Mack The Knife - that little catch comes up when the safety catch is slid back to its` `off` position. A secondary flag to indicate that the safety is off perhaps ?
It is a top loader but the magazine floor plate is released by the catch at the front of - and inside - the trigger guard, the same as with a Mauser. You don`t want your knuckles anywhere near the floorplate when it is released as the hefty spring makes sure you get a very smart rap......as I`ve already discovered ! I didn`t think to take any photographs of the floor plate but that is also engraved but blacked.
I had to use flash when taking the photographs which has `burnt out` a lot of the engraving. If you look at the forward bridge in the first, third and fourth shots that shows what all the engraving actually looks like.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Not quite sure of its` purpose Mack The Knife - that little catch comes up when the safety catch is slid back to its` `off` position. A secondary flag to indicate that the safety is off perhaps ?

Grumpy, shouldn't backwards be the 'on' position? That is, the rifle cannot be fired.

That painted red dot is the only thing that looks out of place, almost tacky, on another wise lovely rifle. The more I look at it the more I appreciate the work involved. The scope mount bases also look a bit out of place.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Er, yes - you`re right Mack The Knife. Dunno why I got it backwards. The safety is on when slid backwards and that`s when the metal tag comes up.
The painted re dot is tacky....as is the white dot to show that the safety is off. Probably due to some bizarre EU Directive !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Grumpy, just saw both your e-mails. LOL.

Will upload the pics and host them on a new thread.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Just a thought....would the safety catch move to the off/fire position if you were to push the tab down?

Really curious about this. Could you ask around why it is there.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm

Grear minds think alike Mack The Knife - tried that but it doesn`t work.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:49 am

Grump: With the rifle on "safe", push the little catch and try to open the bolt. And then tell me what you found. Incidentally, that tooling is well travelled, having gone to Greece first, where the rifle was produced as the "Hellenic". Cheers.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:34 am

Will have to dig it out - I haven`t used the rifle apart from zeroing it. Gone off .243 win..........Might sell it........might re-barrel it. Dunno.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 am

Concerning my post on the smellie, would have sworn on a stack of Playboys that I had a reference for that derivation from the designer of the 10-shot mag, but can't find anything in either Reynolds or Skennerton. and I am not going to read both cover to cover. Humble pie for supper it is. Cheers.