IOF 315 rifle and cartridge

Posts related to rifles.
shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Difficult. I don't think there is any ammo in production today apart from IOF that will fire in .315 rifles.

BSA used to make .315 rifles similar to IOF, but which British Company made Ammo for them ? Not known. Perhaps someone would know. Chances are BSA made them / got them made only for exports. In this case Ammo could originate from England, Europe, or any other place.

And Grumpy don't start with your BSA never made the .315 business again. They did. Period.

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: IOF 315 rifle and ammo

Post by penpusher » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:56 pm

B.S.A.= Bihar Smaall Arrms

and Grumpy,this is the way to spell these words.Period.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:06 pm

So we are trying to be a bit witty again, are we ?

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:12 pm

You noticed :!:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:31 pm

Oh dear, here we go again.

Could you'll put things on hold whilst I get the popcorn ready? :mrgreen:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

:wink:

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Nope - no more of this. I'll not answer to a post not genuinely refering to shooting sports, gun or ammo or information thereof. Respect the bandwidth.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:08 pm

I can`t be bothered to deal with idiots. I`ll just explain one more time that BSA built rifles might have converted to .315 in India but they didn`t commercially produce .315 rifles. PERIOD !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:50 pm

POP!

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:58 pm

Sahid Bhai try Sellior & Bellot 8x57 JRS.................

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:27 am

Thissssssh is more like it :wink:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:44 am

Errr... I thought this argument had been lain to rest ages ago... BTW, my personal recommendation would be to NOT try ANY imported ammo in the IOF .315 rifle... unless you intend to have that ammo used by someone for whom you share an intimate dislike and would not mind him/ her loosing one or more limbs! :roll:

My $0.02...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:06 am

" I thought this argument had been lain to rest ages ago... "

Yes, it had - but then you allowed Shahid back on the forum !

I was going to insert a `winking` emoticon here but as it happens my response is entirely accurate.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:07 pm

shahid";p="28556 wrote: Nope - no more of this. I'll not answer to a post not genuinely refering to shooting sports, gun or ammo or information thereof. Respect the bandwidth.
Promises... promises. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Rifle

Post by nagarifle » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi , thanks for all ur responce since, :lol:
I am a new kid on the block and do not want to flog the dead horse regarding the IOF .315, which I do not have but looking into it. With all its problems, I think that we must look for solutions rather them going ott on its defects.

1/ Looking at the ammo used IOF website say 8mm. can some one tell me the full size of the cartage i.e. 8mm x ?, since 8 mm is the diameter. What is the length? Is it 8x57? In addition, has anyone used the ammo sold by SELLIOR & BELLOT (8X57) - 196 gns as this seems to be in the local market? ( http://www.margsoftware.com/indiaarms/ammunition.asp )

2/ why cannot the stock be replaced if it’s not much good? As iam sure any gunsmith should be able to do so. Has anyone tried this?

3/ bolt surly a new steel one would be better if not possible then cannot a gunsmith make it little smooth?

4/ the law allows a barrel to be changed if damaged, so why not have one made of good quitly and id numbers stamped on?
I do now that the bolt and the barrel should be of the same kind of metal, as a hard metal and soft one do not mix.

Hope someone can share with me there finds on the above 4 points. It may be a little costly but it sure would improve the rifle a lot. Should still be less then import one. I think?

Thanks for being kind and letting me try to being a dead horse being flogged back in to life.
nagarifle