700 Nitro Express range video

Posts related to rifles.
mehulkamdar

700 Nitro Express range video

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm

Click on Videos. Doesn't he look miserable after firing the first rifle? :lol:

3 rounds of 700 NE with two more to follow must be hard on even an accomplished gunmaker and big bore expert like Peter Hambrusch!

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:22 am

Been lechhing the Hambrusch a while now, but that safety design for his 375 would take some getting used to...for us tang safety types.
Clicking down on ? individual safety for each barrel is akin to a hammer gun, shorter travel though, and dont know how much of a 'click' it makes...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: 700 Nitro Express range video

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:37 am

High quality video that.....lets show someone turning pages.
First shot lifted his front foot clean off the ground ! At the end of the three he looked like he was really having fun ( NOT !!! )
Watch his head on the second shot with the double rifle - whiplash or what ? !
That`s just proved a point - I have no desire to shoot a .700 NE !
Thanks for finding that link Mehul. Very instructive.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:43 am

Asif,

The Hambrusch safety rifle is an old design that Peter reintroduced. There is a discussion about the mechanism on the Nitro Express forums from people who are likely to buy these things and who have dozens of double rifles among their collections.

The only problem with the Kronengewehr system is that you cannot easily cock both hammers at the same time like you can in a conventional double. It also looks somewhat odd to my admittedly biased eyes. An Italian or British hammer gun seem to look much better to me. :)

Cheers!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:52 am

I don't see any link to videos on the page http://www.ferlachguns.com/

penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 am

Grumpy,

I really feel sorry for the poor man! :lol: The experience must have left him in bed nursing a sore shoulder for a week. Isn;t it clear why big bore rifles that come on sale invariably have the ad copy "almost unused?" :lol:

penpusher,

Click on Videos at the top left corner of the page and then click on the picture of the rifle. That would take you to a second link that looks like a TV screen. CLick on that to download and watch the video.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 am

Mehul, after the second shot from the double I should think that he`s developed an almighty flinch......which is probably the reason for that `whiplash` anyway.
penpusher you need to click on the `Video/Publication` tab at top left and the on the image of the .700 Nitro Express.