Holland and Holland 30 Super Double Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:18 am

Thanks for the good words everyone. The .416 simply stole my heart.The finish of this rifle is perfect.

Asif and penpusher, imagine! If the import ban is lifted, what you can say to these pampous and greedy blokes. I would say "stuff them up, you know where" :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:50 am

-"original BSA , will fire the Indian 315, which was copied from this
BSA did,it seems, manufacture rifles in this calibre,though not having the proper equipement or the expertise,I would not be able to say anything on this with certainity.

Take care,
penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:15 am

Gentlemen,

Holland and Holland have started a service mainly for clients residing in countries like India, China and Singapore who cannot own guns and keep them with them. You can commission a custom rfile with them and they would hold it for you in their armouries and also ship the rifles around the world for you to hunt with and bring them back to London/Paris or whichever other location you want your rifle to be located in. I have heard rumours that Purdey are going to offer a similarservice and other companies may already be doing this.

If only the idiots in Delhi were to understand how much foreign exchange the country could save by allowing gun buyers to bring these guns back to India instead of spending money year after year on storage costs etc, it would help India save money.

As I posted on the old boards, an Indian industrialist has commissioned a set of four rifles from H&H and they would, most probably never come to India unless the government opens imports again. What a sad state of affairs - and what a farce the government seems hellbent on enacting! :cry:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm

Mehul,

Even if this industrialist could bring in his rifles,it would be a lot cheaper and convenient to keep them in UK with H&H ,considering the 150% import duty and the hassels of taking guns out of the country.The import duty itself would be a deterent.He would end up paying the price of ten guns eventually.

Take care,
penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Gentlemen,
Sorry for the bad spycraft-here's the Charles Lancaster in a quick pic session.You can see the other sundry goods in the back ground too!
Will improve my snooping skills next time around...
best
Axx

http://photobucket.com/albums/j1/eljefe ... 0176-2.jpg
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:24 pm

penpusher,

Even if it cost him 150%, the gentleman in question would prefer to have his guns in India with him. There is a pleasure in having what belongs to you with you and in your country, in your home. People do that for the cars and other stuff that they bring in - why not allow someone to bring in fine hunting guns? No one is going to use a $ 45000 Holland and Holland rifle as a terrorist weapon. Or, for that matter, a fine shotgun or an ISSF 22 lr rifle for crying out loud...

The government is not going to get the revenue from the 150% duty now, and Holland and Holland are not going to store the guns free of cost - so a revenue loss every year is going to be the reality.

There must be something about the chai they serve in government offices - it must contain something that gets our netas and babus to go wonky in the head. :lol:

Cheers,

Mehul

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:19 pm

Mehul,
There must be something about the chai they serve in government offices - it must contain something that gets our netas and babus to go wonky in the head.
A SE Asian leader,I forget who it was,on a visit to India had said about govt. servants ,that 'if you pay peanuts you will only get monkeys'.Govt service in India is the only place where if you show any bit of efficiency and get anything done in a short time, that is counted against you.Inefficiency and sloth are so much a part of the work culture in the govt's in India and corruption so prevalent, that its assumed that the only reason you got the work done in the first place is because of extraneous considerations and in majority of the cases, that is the sad truth.

In any case, govt all over the world act in an arbitrary manner.Most of their actions are completely devoid of reason.UK and America in Iraq, ban on handguns in Uk,PB weapons in India,prohibtion on import of weapons into India.. just to name a few.Some however are stupider than others.But is it not said-Every country gets the leaders that it deserves.
No one is going to use a $ 45000 Holland and Holland rifle as a terrorist weapon. Or, for that matter, a fine shotgun or an ISSF 22 lr rifle for crying out loud...
.22/.25/.32/380...rev/pistol shotguns(SB&DB,pump),bolt /lever/pump action rifles.For that matter even a rock/stick can be dangerous.What about bare hands.Can be used to/for ......

Take care,
penpusher

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:39 am

Mehul and penpusher

For sake of argument
Would the English and other country gun laws allow such a deal wherein foreign national can store guns in london or have them transported around to different part of the world for hunting etc? Point is doesnt one needs a valid lic to hunt and transport weapons in any where in the world?
For example, in NYC I cannot leave my gun at gunshop armoury and I need a lic to fire at range. Now there might be other avenues such as becoming a member of elite hunting clubs or H and H has such a service. This reminds me, I will try walking into H and H gun shop in NYC. la Vikram style, with my bestest suit on. maybe they have hertz kind of deal rent a ferrari for a day or rent a gun for firing range. I can atleast taste some crumbs of the cake.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:26 am

Navdeep,

Consignment services are offered in almost every country in the west. You cannot take a gun out of the shop but the shop can hold it for you on rent. I am sure that there are shops in upstate New York doing this. NYC is a crap pot - it may not be possible there, though I think even here you may be wrong. Griffin and Howe used to hold consignment guns for clients in the past and unless they have discontinued the service now, they would still be doing it.

It is not just H&H - any Registered Firearms Dealer in the UK can offer this service. You will not get the gun in your hands outside of the shop, though. That said, H&H have their own safari booking agency and they would ship the gun to Africa through their own company for you to hunt there with and then return the rifle for safekeeping in the UK. after the hunt is done.

Mehul

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:29 am

ngrewal wrote: la Vikram style, with my bestest suit on.
Navdeep, just a small correction matey. I walked in my ?5 TESCO bought sweater. :wink: :lol:

Best-Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:26 am

Vikram wrote:
ngrewal wrote: la Vikram style, with my bestest suit on.
Navdeep, just a small correction matey. I walked in my ?5 TESCO bought sweater. :wink: :lol:

Best-Vikram
Vikram

No pun intended, NYC is a goofy place dress matters, I was once kind of nearly walked out of Banana Republic store! :twisted: wearing my dirty jeans, T shirt and grad school back pack. Even though its fashion these days to wear tattered, dirty and hole ridden jeans.

regards
navdeep

TESCO hmm saw bunch of them in Bham..

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:34 am

mehulkamdar wrote:Navdeep,

Griffin and Howe used to hold consignment guns for clients in the past and unless they have discontinued the service now, they would still be doing it.

It is not just H&H - any Registered Firearms Dealer in the UK can offer this service. You will not get the gun in your hands outside of the shop, though.
Mehul
Mehul

Doesnt one need a lic from some place in world for buying a weapon as a prequisite? I would think African nation might also request a lic for a weapon being brought in for safari?

Navdeep

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 am

Navdeep,

The license is not neccessary unless you want to take possession of the gun and take it home with you, in which case it would be mandatory in the UK.

As far as Africa is concerned, several safari operators have their own guns which they loan clients who want to hunt and don't have their own. I know of people from Singapore and China who avail of this facility as they cannot have guns in their own countries. Perhaps, there are Japanese businesspeople who do the same - Japan has a 10 year waiting period for a gun license. If you take your own gun with you to Africa, most countries there issue you a temporary license - the laws differ somewhat from country to country. If someone is interested in hunting in Africa, particularly in South Africa and they do not have guns but would like to, there are dozens of agents who would make all the neccessary arrangements for them. I could suggest some myself and then they could make their choice.

Cheers,

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:38 am

There is a Singaporean on AR or NE, forget which, who keeps his firesticks in Africa. Forget country and outfitter details and neither do I know how it works but it does.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:09 pm

Mack The Knife,

He is on AR and he keeps his guns in South Africa and Namibia. He is an agent who books hunts in Africa for people in his country and is a nice guy.

Cheers!

Mehul