Help and guide to buy

Posts related to rifles.
firetrail
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Help and guide to buy

Post by firetrail » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am

OK, here we are with what I hope is not another absolutely stupid question.

I am looking for a hunting rifle, and the .30-06 chamber seems to be right for me, looking at availability and cost.

I am considering Remington and Browning for manufacturers. The real pain in the neck is, I could not find any site which would accept my credit as a means of payment. Could someone please help me out with this?

I have never imported firearms before. What taxes/duties would need to be paid AFTER the payment to the manufacturer for me to legally take possession of the rifle?

Please do not explode...I am feeling highly apprehensive here....

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Help and guide to buy

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:23 am

Firetrail,

Tihar jail is not a very nice place to visit.That's where you will end up if you try importing a rifle.Import of firearms was stopped in 1986 and only people with the tag of a renowned shot can import a firearm and that too of the type allowed.You will have to buy a second hand rifle from within the country itself. Also,you will need to get a license before you can legally own a firearm. As to the cost involved,it varies. Also hunting is illegal in India.

penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 am

Firetrail,

Nowhere in the world can you buy firearms by mail order. Not even in the USA - only black powder guns are allowed here on mail order.

If you want to import a rifle into India, first of all, take up a juob in a foreign country that allows you to buy a rifle, work there for 3 years and while you work there buy a rifle and send a registered letter to the Indian Ambassador telling him/her this. Then, when you return to India, apply to bring it back with you on a Transfer of Residence permit. That is the only option for bringing a rifle back to India. Otherwise, as penpusher rightly points out, Tihar Jail is not really a seaside resort.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Firetrail,,,

Follow penpushers advise and drop the idea from ur mind. Weapons cant be imported into India. Try dealers or alternatively ur frends circle if any one wants to sell his weapon. Regarding prices and opinion about weapons u wud be welcome to check with the guys here... atleast u wud get the CORRECT advise.

AC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:12 am

WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!
art_collector";p="14946 wrote: Hi Firetrail,,,

Follow penpushers advise and drop the idea from ur mind. Weapons cant be imported into India. Try dealers or alternatively ur frends circle if any one wants to sell his weapon. Regarding prices and opinion about weapons u wud be welcome to check with the guys here... atleast u wud get the CORRECT advise.

AC
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:15 am

Yaa RIFLES not weapons .....................OK
Galti hogaee Uncle ji

firetrail
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by firetrail » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:33 pm

:oops: OK, so I have dropped the idea. But I saw somewhere in this very forum, a member interpreting the law such that it means that a person holding a license permitting the use of the said calibre and nature of firearm CAN import such firearm(s). Which is what gave me the idea.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:49 pm

firetrail";p="14966 wrote: :oops: OK, so I have dropped the idea. But I saw somewhere in this very forum, a member interpreting the law such that it means that a person holding a license permitting the use of the said calibre and nature of firearm CAN import such firearm(s). Which is what gave me the idea.

If you don't mind can you please paste link to that post here.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...