IOF 30-06 Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by shutzen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:54 pm

HI! I am posting pix of the IOF experimental 30'06 rifle as promised in an earlier post. The medals in the pix were won by the IOF team members in the GVM open sight comp. I have the original pics clicked with a canon pro1 camera at 8MP resolution file size for each pic is about 3 megs. These were taken at the 49 NSCC (BB) These are downscaled versions of those pix. I could not resist adding one more pic of the BSF Indore MU motto - Vanity thy name is BSF Indore...... anyway enjoy the pix and have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Post moved to the correct section "Rifles" - Shutzen in future please take the time to identify the most relevant section prior to posting....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Shutzen,

Would you by any chance have close ups of the blot? Preferably with the bolt open... just being greedy now ;) LOL

As expected the furniture looks crap all - but the design looks interesting enough to merit a "dekho"...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Re: pics of xperimental IOF 30'06 Rifle

Post by penpusher » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:20 pm

And the bolt looks like it has been stuck on with epoxy.Sights seem to be from the .22 as is the wood for the stock(it's walnut but the cheapest version of it.Bought at high rates no doubt) and the rail for mounting the forward sling swivel.For sale at about $ 1875/- :(

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:22 pm

penpusher";p="22040 wrote:as is the wood for the stock(it's walnut but the cheapest version of it.Bought at high rates no doubt)
penpusher are you sure about the wood being walnut? It looks a lot like that cheapo wood they use on the .315 rifle...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:56 pm

The cheapest walnut that you can get.

penpusher

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:59 pm

mundaire";p="22036 wrote:Post moved to the correct section "Rifles" - Shutzen in future please take the time to identify the most relevant section prior to posting....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
HI! Abhijeet - the IOF dudes refer to it as a target rifle and they also say that when it would be sold target shooters will get prefrential allotment - they also said that it would come with mounting rails for front and rear peep sight -so I thought to post it in the ISSF section since I feel a lot of new shooters will use this as a stepping stone to move onto proper hardware once they qualify. BTW the other post would have been clubbed with this but the software has to be config. ur end to allow more than 3 attachments.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:00 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a two-piece stock?

I don't see any safety catch either.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Shutzen,
Any idea when it will hit the streets.
Did get an idea on the price from the OFB Rifle Factory around 75 K incl taxes.
Thanks
Sanjay

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 pm

Shutzen-Thanks for the snaps.
Mack The Knife, Safety on left side of receiver? Whats this? desi Blaser? ;)
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:08 am

I have the same feeling as Mack The Knife, looks like a two piece stock :roll:

RP

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:42 am

HI! guyz when u look at it dont u see similarities between this and an IOF .22? the sights and the barrel diameter ;)

BTW as someone had also pointed out the IOF .22 has the same twist rate as the INSAS ,this was a topic of discussion on our range last year I think , a shooter had gotten his rifle from the factory ahd the staff there had told him abt it. Man we have the most disorganised , cottage industry (darra pakistan style ,not european style on which pattern the brits operated and established these factories) use of manufacturing process and capabilities - I think the IOF is only outdone by another legacy of the raj - The royal enfield mobike ;) at least I think now they have changed to the international protocol for the gear shifter and foot brake otherwise vroom vroom and ooops...
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:21 pm

so this contraption is what our Indian '06 looks like?? seems like a mix n' match of quite a few guns out there...the two-piece stock heralds our long-standing Enfield affair and the overall woodwork lines very closely resemble those of the .315, nice attempt at a Monte Carlo though, hand-checkered with a pen-knife, never quite figured out why they go through all the trouble of making the forward sling stud so very adjustable??...part of the action looks like a rip-off the Krico Mod 902, the bolt handle really looks like a butter-knife, im sure it'll come in handy when somebody forgets the cutlery on those annual GVM 300m picnics! the trigger guard and the drop-box magazine look plastic, rear and front sights seem surplus off the IOF .22....the barrel, bedding, scoping capability and functional reliability are all questionable...it looks prettier than the .315...how it shoots and handles remains to be seen...
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:34 pm

shutzen";p="22156 wrote:The royal enfield mobike ;) at least I think now they have changed to the international protocol for the gear shifter and foot brake
otherwise vroom vroom and ooops...

You must be having a very bad piece or you don't know how to ride a bullet :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 pm

kanwar76 wrote:You must be having a very bad piece or you don't know how to ride a bullet :)

-Inder.
Nyet pal before they started following protocol if u wuz a yezdi rider or a firang coming in and took a ride it often ended that way ;)