IOF 30-06 Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 pm

shutzen";p="22167 wrote:if u wuz a yezdi rider or a firang coming in and took a ride it often ended that way ;)
This is getting OT but anyhow, years ago when I used to have an Enfield Bullet this happened to my friend who was over from the US. He got on, kicked it to life and then went straight into a wall... as he simply could not locate the brakes! The brakes of course being on the "wrong side"... :lol: :lol:

Now back to the .30-06... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IOF 30'06 Rifle in Two Months

Post by Lawman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Today I talked with an officer of Ishapore Rifle Factory. He told me that 30.06 rifle is in production. It will be available within 2 months. He also said that it is a very good sporting rifle. Waiting with hope. :)

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF 30'06 Rifle in Two Months

Post by jonahpach » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Remember Dreams die first!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:26 pm

lawman is it possible to get some 'performance data' eg info on grouping/ range etc.
ammo ballistics available?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: pics of xperimental IOF 30'06 Rifle

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:57 am

Interesting. Do we call this a rip-off or a replica ? Happily a word has been coined with combines both - it`s a riplica !
The inspiration is the Sauer 200/202 which raises all sorts of possibilities: The shrouded receiever on the Sauer 200/202 is made of an aluminium alloy - it doesn`t have to be steel because it is a non-pressure component. The bolt engages ( and locks ) directly into the barrel so the receiver is just a frame to hold things together and provide a location for the magazine. The reasoning behind this is that the rifle should have interchangeable barrels. I wonder just how much IOF have actually copied because there is the potential to really mess-up if things are not put together properly - eg, a conventional barrel and bolt system in an alloy receiver would be a good recipe for blowing your head off !
First there was the Sauer 200/202 then there was the Blaser R93......which looks vaguely similar but is actually a very different action - it has a straight-pull bolt for a start. The Krico 902 and Chapuis Challenger are slab sided look-alikes but more conventional. The RWS Titan is a pretty faithful copy of the Sauer.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:34 am

But to give the devil their due, I haven't yet heard of any shooter dying while using an IOFB 315? Of course I know nothing and may be a total mushroom.

Is it just getting fashionable to b**ch about everything IOFB?

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Dev,
I know of a couple of guys who died using a 315- another 315 was used on them... :evil:
Actually, given the low exposure and affordability of a vast majoritty of us Indian gun users, and owners, i think we've gotten the deals we deserve-Next time, go out and vote ;)
Till then, long live the 'hatoda's'?? and harp on about the IOFB-yup, suddenly very much avant garde.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: pics of xperimental IOF 30'06 Rifle

Post by jonahpach » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Till then, long live the 'hatoda's'?? and harp on about the IOFB-yup, suddenly very much avant garde.
Hear hear.. 20 years of cribbing about the Ambassadors, Fiats and Gazelles (I bet no one remembers the Gazelle) gave us the Maruti and then Eureka! the doors opened.. Too bad we are probably the only forum that does crib about the OFB. A few zillion years of cribbing at this forum and then who knows we might even have a PM who is a former IFG member :mrgreen:

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

new wifle

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:46 pm

eljefe";p="22681 wrote:Dev,
I know of a couple of guys who died using a 315- another 315 was used on them... :evil:
Actually, given the low exposure and affordability of a vast majoritty of us Indian gun users, and owners, i think we've gotten the deals we deserve-Next time, go out and vote ;)
I wonder if they would be open to suggestions from the experienced members of our board. After all Bullet motorcycles did ;-). Maybe we can try to tell them about how they will sell like hotcakes once they become like what we expect. In the US the Crosman air rifle board did that. Their board is now monitored by crosman and new air pistols have been designed according to what the board guys loved.

Let at least try, maybe we will get a rifle to blast at three hundred m without being worried about our lives. Apologies for the rant but at times I do get emotional about it cause I thought I could afford one.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF 30'06 Rifle in Two Months

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Well... I wonder how long it will take for the MHA to prohibit or ban the 30-06 on grounds or internal security.

Apparently, there's this current MHA notification prohibiting any more fresh licenses for .22 rifles in the N.E!!! The rumor is that some cry-baby in the system went cribbing to Delhi that scoped .22s are sniper potential... can you believe these people?

Now one cant even purchase a damn measly .22.... what next?

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 am

hey gooooooood news....
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

.30-06 IOF displayed in Delhi

Post by art_collector » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:55 pm

A friend of mine told me that the new 30-06 bore rifle to be introduced by IOF was displayed today in Delhi at a dealers showroom.

The rifle unlike its counterpart 315 bore rifle is much better. Is lighter in weight.
Other features are as follows:
1. Has a flat bolt like the Man. Sch rifles.
2. Has a safe right behind the bolt. Simply press the button down to lock the trigger.
3. The trigger would be free to fire after pressing a release knob just next to the trigger.
4. The trigger has five positions which could be adjusted according to users liking. So you can have a choice of hair trigger if you want it.
5. The magazine is box type. The magazine is realeased by push of a button which is located just next to the magazine.
6. The rifle has four groves.
7. The price is likely to be around 45000/- plus excise taxes and vat etc. which should come to about 62000/-
8. The rifle should be available in the market by 2008.

I should get more details and photos etc by tommorow and ill try and post them on the forum.

AC

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 am

Looking forward to the pics...

-Nishant

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks, AC.