Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:21 pm

(y)

Tushar Kant
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by Tushar Kant » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 am

Hello everyone
I am a new member. This is first post. If I mistake please excuse me.
I am about to buy a IOF .30-06 rifle from Ranchi. Only one pice rifle is available in my city rather in my state ie Jharkhand.
The rifle I saw has a year marking β€œ 2019-20”. But generally I have seen the year marking like β€œ2019” or 2020”.
Is there any problem. Please help me.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:15 am

Tushar Kant wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 am
Hello everyone
I am about to buy a IOF .30-06 rifle from Ranchi. Only one pice rifle is available in my city rather in my state ie Jharkhand.
The rifle I saw has a year marking β€œ 2019-20”. But generally I have seen the year marking like β€œ2019” or 2020”.
When I was searching for a rifle, I had seen 4 of these rifles before buying 5th one, all 4 of them were marked 2019. I have never seen any IOF .3006 with the marking similar to you are mentioning. But still I would wait for more experienced IFG members to comment.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm

I think our Seniors on this Forum and experienced gun owners can guide you on this.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 am

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:20 am
Hello everyone
Maybe rifle you saw was made in 2019 and some how that lot of rifles didn't leave factory in 2019.When dealers orders rifles they demands fresh batch.
A rifle made in 2019 is difficult to sell in mid 2020 as customer will also ask for fresh batch.So they stamps another year on receiver.Check serial numbers on barrel and receiver if they match you are good to go.If you are happy with 2019 made rifle then it's ok.Ask him to mention New rifle on bill and take bill of full amount you are paying for rifle.Some time dealers sells old rifle saying brand new and can stamp a year 20 in front of 2019.Check history of rifle in dealer register as they have to maintain all records of sale purchase even time when weapon reaches shop.Ask him to show his stock register you will clearly see from where rifle came if it shows ishapur factory in front of rifle make and serial number then it's new if some other dealer or anything other then ishapur factory kolkata is written in stock register then it's second sale.Though second sales are not second hand if one dealer receives his quota from factory other dealer buys from him on dealer price and sells to customers from their own stock.In any case rifle can be second sale or second hand(sometimes people pays some amount and gets rifle registered on license without buying it to save license from getting revoked after due date and they transfers it back after license is renewed to dealer but weapon is not handed to license holder by dealer it remains in his shop)One thing i am sure of is rifle is not duplicate as iof 3006 is really very hard to make duplicate even by very skilled gunsmiths because of it's locking lugs in barrel.If you decide to buy it check both magazines are feeding all cartridges smoothly to chamber. closing bolt with live ammo will be difficult in new rifles and it will require some force.After checking all these things you can decide whether to buy or not
Regards

Tushar Kant
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tushar Kant » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks everyone and specially Ashokgodara.
The same thing was also told by another dealer of Ranchi. Some times it’s left over stock which is re batched.
All no on barrel and receiver is same. I tried Loading and ejecting it with live ammo. It is quite hard now. Dealer told it will get smoother with time.

So I finally purchased my first rifle.

Planning to take to range by weekend. Will Certainly update it’s performance.

Can I order a three shot magazine online or contacting any dealer on phone and get it by Courier.

Regards.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Ashok ji, I have a question regarding the last statement of yours-
"If you decide to buy it check both magazines are feeding all cartridges smoothly to chamber. closing bolt with live ammo will be difficult in new rifles and it will require some force.After checking all these things you can decide whether to buy or not."
1. You said to check "both" the magazines, do these rifles come with 2 magazines? I got only one 5 round magazine and I am searching for 3 round magazine to purchase.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:43 pm
"If you decide to buy it check both magazines are feeding all cartridges smoothly to chamber. closing bolt with live ammo will be difficult in new rifles and it will require some force.After checking all these things you can decide whether to buy or not."
1. You said to check "both" the magazines, do these rifles come with 2 magazines? I got only one 5 round magazine and I am searching for 3 round magazine to purchase.
Two rifles that i got for my friend and his brother came with 2 magazines but it was 2,3 years ago to be certain i just asked a dealer and he said factory is not manufacturing three shot magazines anymore.I apologies for above statement i made earlier.So if you want to buy factory made new three shot magazine it will be difficult to find.New five shot magazine is available for around 5.5k but he don't have a three shot magazine.If you want three shot magazine ask around if some dealer have old magazines with them.Many customer who had only three shot magazine sold it and bought five shot one you can get one of these from dealers but it will take some time finding one.I was away from forum and dealers for some time even some dealers don't even know current price of iof 3006 rifles as sales have fallen very low in recent years.I bought rifle in 2011 and it came with one 3 shot magazine never thought of buying 5 shot one after reading some posts on forum.If are facing problem with five shot magazine and you know some good gunsmith ask him to make full length spring and follower made of steel(currently spring is half length and follower is made of aluminium).these two things are main cause of problem in iof 3006 magazines.If you read iof 3006 rifle thread this has been discussed earlier also in detail.Some of our forum members have got them changed.If i came across any three shot magazine i will let you know.
Regards

Tushar Kant
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tushar Kant » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 pm

As I think three shot magazine makes this rifle more ergonomic to shoot.

Regards

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 pm

ashokgodara wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm
Two rifles that i got for my friend and his brother came with 2 magazines but it was 2,3 years ago to be certain i just asked a dealer and he said factory is not manufacturing three shot magazines anymore.I apologies for above statement i made earlier.So if you want to buy factory made new three shot magazine it will be difficult to find.New five shot magazine is available for around 5.5k but he don't have a three shot magazine.If you want three shot magazine ask around if some dealer have old magazines with them.Many customer who had only three shot magazine sold it and bought five shot one you can get one of these from dealers but it will take some time finding one.I was away from forum and dealers for some time even some dealers don't even know current price of iof 3006 rifles as sales have fallen very low in recent years.I bought rifle in 2011 and it came with one 3 shot magazine never thought of buying 5 shot one after reading some posts on forum.If are facing problem with five shot magazine and you know some good gunsmith ask him to make full length spring and follower made of steel(currently spring is half length and follower is made of aluminium).these two things are main cause of problem in iof 3006 magazines.If you read iof 3006 rifle thread this has been discussed earlier also in detail.Some of our forum members have got them changed.If i came across any three shot magazine i will let you know.
Regards
Thank you sir for your valuable information. Current 5 shot magazine with me is working good, I want 3 shot magazine because it sits flush with the body of gun and sometimes I prefer to place my hand a little towards back of the gun.
And please don't apologise for anything sir, you are just helping me and others, there is nothing to be apologetic. Instead I am humbled by your politeness and helpfulness.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Congratulations Tushar on your new Rifle.

Enjoy it now.

Kindly post lots of pics in different angles of the new baby πŸ™‚. So we too get to see the quality of IOF products out of shop floor.

Also later give your reviews on the shooting experience and your personal opinion of the IOF quality, so others here will get to learn more about the newest production quality of IOF. I'm sure all gunner friends keen on buying same rifle will appreciate the efforts you take.

Furthermore if at all you keep adding accessories to it, then kindly start a new post which you can keep continuing and updating with time as you keep modding it in time coming. I'm sure many new gunners will learn a lot from your post.

P.S......lots of pics makes any post more interesting ROTFL

aegonstark123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aegonstark123 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm

bro nice gun how much action has it seen?

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:53 am

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:29 am
Thanks everyone and specially Ashokgodara.
The same thing was also told by another dealer of Ranchi. Some times it’s left over stock which is re batched.
All no on barrel and receiver is same. I tried Loading and ejecting it with live ammo. It is quite hard now. Dealer told it will get smoother with time.

So I finally purchased my first rifle.

Planning to take to range by weekend. Will Certainly update it’s performance.

Can I order a three shot magazine online or contacting any dealer on phone and get it by Courier.

Regards.
Congratulations for the new rifle. I too had a hard bolt but it was very easy to rectify it. Just clean the rifle, especially the bolt. I sprayed some WD40 on the bolt and let it sink in through the ejector pin side, then after some hours just lubed with gun oil. Also cleaned the barrel and magazine. Now it's much easier to chamber a round. Please avoid getting any WD40 on furniture and blued parts. Happy shooting.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 pm
ashokgodara wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm
Regards
Thank you sir for your valuable information. Current 5 shot magazine with me is working good, I want 3 shot magazine because it sits flush with the body of gun and sometimes I prefer to place my hand a little towards back of the gun.
And please don't apologise for anything sir, you are just helping me and others, there is nothing to be apologetic. Instead I am humbled by your politeness and helpfulness.
Take rifle in your left hand and see where it balances on hand and put your left hand palm right below that center point.If center point is near front part of magazine then put some weights in forehand and bring center point in front of magazine.Always hold rifle on wrist bone never on muscles.If rifle weight is on small finger side shots will go to right and if it's on thumb side shots will go left.Forhand should go right above wrist bone and temple of index finger.Buy a good sling and use it to make rifle stable i.e wrap sling around your elbow and sling should be tense this will steady your hold.Google Hasty sling and you will find pics to understand better.If you put your hand towards back side muzzle will rise with recoil too high and bullet can go above target.Had to read a lot and help from forum members to teach my daughter how to shoot and now she is renowned shot and rank 38 in india in 50 meters 3 position and in 10 meters.I got lots of help from forum members specially from Anand ji he is a excellent coach
Regards