Which imported .22 rifle should I get.

Posts related to rifles.
NivDhillon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Which imported .22 rifle should I get.

Post by NivDhillon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 am

ngrewal wrote:
hamiclar01 wrote:
Vikram wrote:
12 bore DBBL with spare .30-06 barrel set. Considered as one firearm.
Has someone done this before? Any precedents?
My concern is, since TR only allows one firearm,
Niv

Hami is correct rule states clearly one gun for one TR per family. Confirm this rule because otherwise second gun will simply be taken by customs and sold at fraction of price to high and mighty. I agree with vikram in India 22 are available but o/u is a very rare and expensive gun. If you really like 22 then go for CZ 452 none of the semi autos will be allowed even on NPB getting lic renewed is a problem stay away from it and neither is Indian ammo very conducive for semi autos. 22 pistols and semi autos can be bit finicky for the ammo so bolt action will be best. I like vikrams suggestion if one gun is allowed go for shotty if you can get spare barrels for a rifle better or a CZ 452 in 22...

Baljit .17 hmr is a great cartridge but its availability in india will be a problem

Good luck
Thanks Grewal Paji,
I want to double check the TR rule because the wordings are different on CBEC website http://www.cbec.gov.in/travellers.htm and the mumbai customs website. http://www.mumbaicustoms3.gov.in/htmldocs/tr.htm.
I will be landing in Delhi so who's the best person/department to clarify this with?

Regards
Niv

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 am

Niv,
I know Ruger don't make any custom guns,no doubt 10/22 is one of the best rifle but the problem with take down is you can turn this into three pieces also it's semi auto rifle and i am wondering how the customs officer in Delhi going to react.
i don't have any knowledge about TR rule,but if you ask me about the rifle, then i am agree with Grewal .CZ 452 in 22LR or 22MAG is your next choice.Try to stay away from semi auto if there is a problem.
I hope someone will help you with TR rule and work out good for you.

Good luck

Baljit

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:15 am

Niv

"
Import of firearms is strictly prohibited.

- Import of Cartridges in excess of 50 is also prohibited.

However, in the case of persons transferring their residence (as per conditions specified in the rules) to India for a minimum period of one year, one firearm of permissible bore can be allowed to be imported subject to the conditions that:"

This can be read as one firearm per TR per Family. Also make sure you already have license in India. Conduct a research on this website you will find more info. Also ensure that UK doesnt have rule like US that arms can only be shipped out by certain dealers who have import / export lic? A chap was planning for two years to get this sorted out. Good luck best thing is to contact folks in Customs in India in person a pre trip if possible to clear all this up. Good luck

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I checked and confirmed with a gentleman who knows these issues extremely well and yes the spare barrel sets are endorsed as such and the entire unit is considered as one firearm. As I said earlier, the gun and the spare barrels must be bought as original equipment and must be entered on the original receipt together, which is what they are. It seems a few Marocchi 512s are around in India. I cannot offer you any specific individuals as examples, sorry. The best source would be to check with your local licensing authorities.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 am

its one gun per person and not a family, so if you and the miss are coming then one each.

please read the threads on the imports http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... &start=195
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:14 pm

nagarifle wrote:its one gun per person and not a family, so if you and the miss are coming then one each.

please read the threads on the imports http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... &start=195

Another excellent point by Nags.

Please go through this link where the esteemed High Court upholds the same. (Link courtesy our friend Winnie)

http://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1853922/

Best-
Vikram

Kenny
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kenny » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Post deleted for text speak and total nonsense.
Poster banned. Mod

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Kenny wrote:guys
tell wy u need to import all these kind of guns and rifles to india where u cant hunt without permission, dont go behind pics that had been sent by vikram he lives in usa u only face prob;ems when u go to endorse in ur licence in india vikram dont know anything about india so i wil suggest you to clear first with licensing autho,, it dosnt mean that ur moving from uk or from usa or etc and u can import/bring AK47 wiht you beacuse u hold this riffle in uk or usa since 1 - 3 years. it also depends on indian authorities what they allow u to bring or import with ur permanent moving.
best is 12G or .22 riffle . or hand gun
Kenny,

It was quite difficult for me to understand what you are exactly trying to say in your post. I would try to answer as I understood.

Are 12 bore guns and .30-06 rifles banned in India? Then why do you think it is problematic to bring a gun in these calibres which is perfectly legal and something that has been done before? Who is suggesting AKs to be brought back?
Vikram is the one to go against 12g buck shots ( L.G ) he dosnt know that a buck shot and a slug are of same king kind and can doi same harm so why ban LG and wy not Slug ????
I tried but could not make sense of it. Could you please explain what you are trying to say? Thanks.

BTW, I do not live in USA and I know how India works.

Best-
Vikram

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm

tell wy u need to import all these kind of guns and rifles to india where u cant hunt without permission, dont go behind pics that had been sent by vikram he lives in usa u only face prob;ems when u go to endorse in ur licence in india vikram dont know anything about india so i wil suggest you to clear first with licensing autho,, it dosnt mean that ur moving from uk or from usa or etc and u can import/bring AK47 wiht you beacuse u hold this riffle in uk or usa since 1 - 3 years. it also depends on indian authorities what they allow u to bring or import with ur permanent moving.

Vikram is the one to go against 12g buck shots ( L.G ) he dosnt know that a buck shot and a slug are of same king kind and can doi same harm so why ban LG and wy not Slug ????

What the you are talking? We are on a Gun Board

Bring out any ideas if you have one, or take a roll !!!!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 am

kenny

Your post is incomprehensible in text english and content is rubbish. Agree with Hammerhead say something meaningful, stop casting credulous remarks on members or simply leave.

Nikku
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nikku » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello,

Ruger is a wonderful take down rifle, but also consider J Browning SA.22 take down, I don't think you gonna get Belgium made, but Japanese production one is also superb. I have one from Belgium, design is simple check it out on youtube.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Agongmei
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agongmei » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 am

Sat May 07, 2011 7:15 am
About .22 Semi automatics, here is what the MHA has to say about it....
SUB.- Arms Act and Rules - Semi-automatic .22 Bore rifles - Grant of license to members of rifle club/Association.
I am directed to refer to your letter No. 7222-R/VIII-B-644L/67, dated 20.11.1967 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the provision in section 13(3)(a)(ii) of the Arms Act, it would be observed, does not make any distinction as to the type of .22 bore rifles in respect of which a license shall be granted under this provision. As such, licenses under provision of the Act shall be granted in respect of all types of .22 bore rifles (including semi-automatic type). It may, however, be noticed that the use of the weapons covered by a license issued under this provision of the Act, is to be restricted to target practice only.
(GOI/MHA Letter No.F.13/7/68-P.IV dated..... 1968 to the Secretary to the Govt. of U.P., Home (Police-B.II) Department, Lucknow).
For quick reference.... Section 13(3)(a)(ii) of the Arms Act 1959.....
13 (3) The licensing authority shall grant -
(a) a license under section 3 where the license is required -
....(ii) in respect of a point 22 bore rifle or air rifle to be used for target practice by a member of a rifle club or rifle association licensed or recognised by the Central Government;

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:30 pm

Any one having a idea of Winchester model 63 delux ? I had one, semi auto. Take down.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:45 pm

Vikram wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 pm
Kenny,

It was quite difficult for me to understand what you are exactly trying to say in your post. I would try to answer as I understood.

Are 12 bore guns and .30-06 rifles banned in India? Then why do you think it is problematic to bring a gun in these calibres which is perfectly legal and something that has been done before? Who is suggesting AKs to be brought back?
I tried but could not make sense of it. Could you please explain what you are trying to say? Thanks.

BTW, I do not live in USA and I know how India works.

Best-
Vikram
Kenny's intentions are not wrong but he is not being able to use the proper words to make his point.