Blaser Duo-Hamid

Posts related to rifles.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Blaser Duo-Hamid

Post by Vikram » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:15 pm

While we, Dev/Shooter,His friend Sid and me, went to The Gunshop,Rugby, the very affable Gordon showed us this splendid,if somewhat strange,beast to us.This is a bolt action double rifle made by Blaser ( www.blaser.de),Germany. The bolt action is the same like their strightpull R-93.Just that two of them are joined to create a double. Short stumpy barrels and weighs and handles like a porker.I liked it.Many traditionalists may dislike it.But, the sheer ingenuity of the design has to be respected.This is offered only in 9.3 calibre.The design is said to be commissioned by HH Hamid (Emir of Ican'tnameitstan) and only 100 are said to be made.Yours for 16,500 GBP.The one we saw sold for 23,500GBP.

I pinched these pics from their website.Dev took some with his camera which he will add later.

Compare this with this monster/beauty in .700 nitro express

Made by Fuchs( Don't laugh, that's what he is called) and Szessei of Germany.

http://www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/index.php

Enjoy-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:01 am

Beautiful gun !!

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 am

There isnt much game left for the 700 Nitro but its a beautiful piece
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:01 pm

'...Much Game' Sniper? I'd say the last game left for the 700 was in Jurassic Bagh/Park-depending on which version of the movie you saw ;) Dont see too much of a muzzle brake on the Fuchs. I will NOT be eager to try that one! Gimme a double anyday.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Blaser Duo-Hamid

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:29 pm

That Fuchs & Szessei IS a double Asif - but a double bolt action.

The Blaser Duo Hamid is interesting.......and very nicely made but is decidedly clunky looking and handling `in the flesh`. To compensate for the extra weight the barrels are rather short which doesn`t improve the looks at all. It`s an interesting - even intriguing - piece but an evolutionary dead end.

By the way, didn`t Mehul post a link to the Duo Hamid some time ago ?

I`m with you Asif - a conventional double scores better on just about all counts. The new generation O/U doubles are beginning to compete on accuracy with conventional bolt action rifles as well. Somehow I can`t see the barrel to barrel regulation of the Duo Hamid being adjustable without a very expensive return to the factory.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 pm

i am a newcomer and dont understand as much as you gurus but i didnt like the gun.
foreend was plastic. the feel wasnt very good (good enough to warrant £23000). give me a H&H/ Rigby anyday.

the purpose of a double rifle has been defeated.
if dangerous game is charging at you and you didnt get him in 2 shots, you expect to reload this monster and still get him in time before he gets you?
very few people in the world can do that, but then very few people can pay that much money for it.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:16 pm

Spot on Shooter. It`s the hunting rifle for people who shoot so badly they KNOW there are going to need a lot of shots. As a back-up they have bodyguards with hand grenades............................
The fore-end IS wood you know - it`s just covered in so much shiny polyurethane that it looks like plastic.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:31 pm

feels like plastic too grumpy. not impressed.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:58 pm

No, I`m not impressed either....... but it really is wood - albeit very plasticky wood !

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:29 am

So, how do the bolts operate, on two shells, mags at the same time, working two shells into their respective barrels ? what about the triggers, are they like the double triggers on shotguns, really close to each other on the side or under their respective actions ?

I wonder how it'll be to fuse together a right hand bolt action and a left hand bolt action together, side by side. Now that'd be an interesting double, eh ?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:00 am

The bolt is operated like the regular R-93 straight pull bolt action.Lift the bolt slightly and pull back straight; upon which two spent shells are ejected and two fresh ones loaded from the magazine.You can shoot both the barrels or fire individually by pulling the respective triggers.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:17 am

and the Mag is also a "double" and the bolt strips one off each and shoves it into their respective barrels ?

I've handled a Blaser single at Cabelas once, really slick I think. Wood was pretty and generous, balanced nicely too. The double just doubles output I think.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:14 pm

yes it is a double mag.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey penpusher. So "A double gun without hammers is like a dog without ears` ?

On the same basis might that imply that a gun with hammers shoots like a dog ?