New Rifle Stock For IOF .22 Sporting Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Akash0880
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New Rifle Stock For IOF .22 Sporting Rifle

Post by Akash0880 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently procured an IOF .22 Rifle. I am facing few problems with it and am seeking advice from the experienced shooters from this forum.

1. The action of the rifle is very rough and is quite hard to fully push down when closing. Is it the same in all IOF rifles or is there a defect in my particular piece?

2. The rifle is having ejection problems when securing the bolt fully but not firing the firearm? I currently have KF ammo, can that be the problem?

AND the big question,
3. I am quite unhappy with the finish and wood of the rifle. Since this rifle is a copy of the CZ BRNO (please advice the exact mode), can we import a brand new stock from any of the international suppliers who make stock for the CZ BRNO?

Looking forward to hearing from the fellow IFG'ians.

Thanks in Advance

For Advertising mail webmaster
StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: New Rifle Stock For IOF .22 Sporting Rifle

Post by StormTruppen » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Congrats on the IOF .22
Now, for the problems you mentioned.

1. Yes the Factory Finish on the Bolts are not at all good. Take it to a Gunsmith to get it worked on. Or you can try work the bolt till it's smoothes. (Best Option would be a Gunsmith, however).

2. Ammo can be the Culprit sometimes. But, since you are facing the issue with the Bolt being hard to work with, it might also be the reason things are now working as they should. All it needs is some love from an experienced Gunsmith.

3. Even though IOF .22 is AN Exact copy of CZ Brno (Model 1, if I remember correctly), you can't put a CZ stock in there. Due to Es-Special Modifications done by our Over-Knowlegable Designers at IOF in the Magazine Area. But, having said that it would be good to check with a Gunsmith if he can Modify & Fit a BRNO stock to your IOF .22

Happy Shooting :)

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

Akash0880
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Akash0880 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 pm

@ StormTruppen Thank you for the reply. I took the rifle back to the dealer, he said since its a new rifle the bolt is a bit hard. It will take about 300-400 shots to get it into proper condition :roll:

I have got no choice but to wait till then.

Joyal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Joyal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm

I need too buy a new IFO .22 rifle .
What is the price for it..

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 am

Akash0880 wrote:@ StormTruppen Thank you for the reply. I took the rifle back to the dealer, he said since its a new rifle the bolt is a bit hard. It will take about 300-400 shots to get it into proper condition :roll:

I have got no choice but to wait till then.
Run the bolt 300-400 times without a cartridge.
This should accomplish the same thing that your dealer suggests.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Apply valve grinder paste around the locking lugs and work the bolt several hundred times while watching tv. Have the chamber flush plugged to avoid the paste from entering into the the chamber and the barrel. This will smoothen the bolt travel as well as the locking action.

Marksman

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

The advantages of buying IOF .22lr rifle is that you can get original parts from the factory whereas an old BSA ...the parts would have to be made by a local gun smith and it may not be as reliable...

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am

@Akash0880,

Congrats on your new buy. Have a look at : https://gunsandtackle.me/

Some amazing work has been done on the IOF .22 rifles. Absolutely no idea on the pricing. If interested, get in touch with them and get your rifle worked on. All the best.