FN Browning A5

Posts related to rifles.
Vimalkarur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

FN Browning A5

Post by Vimalkarur » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi,
I like to know whether FN Browning A5 shoot gun is good for hobby shooting. Since it is an automatic repeater will there be any issue.

I am new to fire arms. Till now I only own air rifle. It belongs to my brothers friend.The weapon license holder died and the family deposited it in a armory. They were ready to sell it to me if I get a license.

What will be a fair price for it. Don't know the year of manufacture. They showed me pictures it looks ok condition.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: FN Browning A5

Post by Vikram » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 am

It is a very nice gun and an iconic one at that. If it is in good condition, go for it. I do not think it should be a problem in having endorsed on your licence. Re prices, I am not very familiar with them. I am sure more knowledgeable members would chip in.

You must have the gun checked well before committing to buy it. Have it checked by a competent gunsmith or someone who knows a thing or two about them. Not someone who claims to know. Look for rust and pitting on surface and inside. After visual inspection, if possible, do test fire it to see if it cycles well and shoots well. Good luck.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm

If it is in original shape and not tinkered with, then go right ahead and take it. The Auto-5 comes with dual adjustment system for light loads and heavy loads. They generally came from the factory with instructions attached to the underside of the removable fore hand. you can easily download and learn about it from the net if its missing..
I used the gun for 22 years and never had a failure to fire even once and still regret selling it off because of renewal problems I faced due to it's inclusion in restricted arms category in the 90s. Thankfully as per new amendment its no more in a a prohibited list.
Marksman

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Vimalkarur wrote:Since it is an automatic repeater will there be any issue.
Semi auto guns are allowed for civilians as per Arms Rules 2016 and price in India is around 3.25 lacs.

Most of the A5's I have seen had forend cracked so check out for cracks in the forend.

There is ring adjustment as per cartridge load in the A5. Search on the net for more info regarding it.

The cartridge capacity can be extended with the help of extension tube. PM me if you want extension tube.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Vimalkarur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vimalkarur » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Thank you all for the reply.

I googled some information on the weapon it seems it's been made for over a 100 years. The price mentioned above 3.5L, is this for all model. Even if it is like 50 years old.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk