Posts related to rifles.
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Looking for 30-06 Rifle

Post by partheus » Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 pm

riflemarksman wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:34 am
Many people participate in Big Bore Mavalankar or nationals to get renowned shot certificate and then you can import any rifle you want
Aren't the rules kind of restrictive on that front? Renowned shots certainly can't import any rifle they want. I thought there were clauses in the import terms and conditions that regulated caliber, barrel lengths, stocks, sights, magazine capacities and all. Or do most bolt actions naturally qualify since they are, well, bolt actions?

For Advertising mail webmaster
riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Tue May 05, 2020 2:13 pm

I don't know about the new rules but earlier you could import any bolt action rifle with open or peep sights and most shooters participated just for import licence

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:55 pm

Timnorris wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 am
I said if price is an issue then ..I think too much imporatnce is given to rifle accuracy and ammo rather than improving ones shooting skills.......if you are participating in competetion then you would need a match rifle in any case........as far as stock you can get it made .....
How would you improve shooting skills with a clunker of a rifle with a worn out barrel and ammo which hang fires ? Dry fire it ?
Would you consider reading mirages and effect of wind into the repertoire of shooting skills ? Or do you stop at holding , aiming and trigger operation in dry firing !

Your logic eludes me.

So what’s been your experience regarding improving shooting skills WITHOUT an accurate rifle/shotgun and good quality ammo?

The inherent hand-eye- brain coordination one develops in practicing is what makes you win - Whether In a competition or taking a once in a lifetime shot on game.

Rathore, when he won the silver medal in the olympics, fired 1000s of rounds of the SAME ammo, from the SAME shotgun to develop his proficiency. Not Shaktiman 4.8mm or whatever from a New Art light works single bbl shotgun as PRACTICE gun and ammo.
Ha!

Accuracy- whether with a Brown Bess BP musket or a Bartlein barrel Surgeon action 6mm Dasher - is primary.

: laughing:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."