VISIT TO RIFLE FACTORY ISHAPORE

Posts related to rifles.
ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

VISIT TO RIFLE FACTORY ISHAPORE

Post by ASIF007 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:36 pm

I had visited RFI yesterday for tuning of my new .3006 Rifle. Some of the things I noted was
1.) Excellent security checking but had to wait for an hour at the Reception till the Junior Works Manager completed the entry formalities.
2.) The technicians and mechanics were very happy with their construction of the .3006 (According to them is it their least faulty Civilian Rifle). An old staff said many complaints comes for the .315 and .22 but few for the .3006 Rifle.
3.) Good demand is their for Pump Acton Shotgun from dealers.
4.) They atleast try to address the problem in the weapons for civilians.

I am sorry I could not click pictures as mobiles are strictly not allowed inside. Would gladly like to visit RFI again.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: VISIT TO RIFLE FACTORY ISHAPORE

Post by Vikram » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Interesting to know. Cheers.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:21 pm

ASIF007 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:36 pm
I had visited RFI yesterday for tuning of my new .3006 Rifle. Some of the things I noted was
1.) Excellent security checking but had to wait for an hour at the Reception till the Junior Works Manager completed the entry formalities.
2.) The technicians and mechanics were very happy with their construction of the .3006 (According to them is it their least faulty Civilian Rifle). An old staff said many complaints comes for the .315 and .22 but few for the .3006 Rifle.
4.) They atleast try to address the problem in the weapons for civilians.

I am sorry I could not click pictures as mobiles are strictly not allowed inside. Would gladly like to visit RFI again.
It feels very strange to read that how happy they are to flaunt the least faulty Civilian Rifle status so proudly ROTFL
Adios'

V

Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:33 pm

χάος wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:21 pm
It feels very strange to read that how happy they are to flaunt the least faulty Civilian Rifle status so proudly ROTFL
:lol:

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:26 pm

ASIF007 wrote:
The demand for pump action now is not that high as it was in 2016 (when it was launched). Firstly because the factory has increased its price by Rs. 25,000 since its launch in 2016 and secondly because there is booking time at the factory where as dealers are able to procure pump actions made by private companies without any booking.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:45 pm

In some standards 'least faulty machine' is the best machine available in a given price range. :lol:

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Vineet wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:26 pm
ASIF007 wrote:
The demand for pump action now is not that high as it was in 2016 (when it was launched). Firstly because the factory has increased its price by Rs. 25,000 since its launch in 2016 and secondly because there is booking time at the factory where as dealers are able to procure pump actions made by private companies without any booking.
Can you tell us which private companies in India are making Pump Action Shotguns??. Name the companies, Brands and Models

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:42 am

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:45 pm
In some standards 'least faulty machine' is the best machine available in a given price range. :lol:
I agree I misused the statement "least faulty machine." My apologies. I actually wanted to convey the engineers/mechanics were proud of the IOF 3006. And yes Vikram given that hunting is banned in India this is the best weapon at this price point. I do not see the need to pay 5 lacs and above to pay for a 30-40 year old rifle.

Regards
Asif

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:10 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 pm
Vineet wrote:
ASIF007 wrote:
Can you tell us which private companies in India are making Pump Action Shotguns??. Name the companies, Brands and Models
New light makes 5,7 and 9 shot pump action guns. Then there is Rajput company which makes 5 and 7 shot guns in various barrel sizes.

Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:10 pm
veeveeaar wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 pm
Vineet wrote:

New light makes 5,7 and 9 shot pump action guns. Then there is Rajput company which makes 5 and 7 shot guns in various barrel sizes.

Looks like old clone Fabarm 80-beginner 90! In some country have name - Imperator, Germanica, Tikka and other bullshit name
In basic short 850 mm shotgun 12/76 caliber with 7 shot magazine! Price in Russia 300-400 USD
Very bad quality, maximum barrel resource 1000 shot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am

Hello Friends ,
I had too bought an PAG of 'Bhati And Co.' which is in Jodhpur , I guess , a year earlier.
Till now the gun is cool and working great.
It got jammed a week earlier and I had no access to any gunsmith these days ,lockdown issue :(
So I watch on Youtube that how to completely disassemble and then reassemble the Mossberg 500 ,because my PAG is based on Mossberg 500.
And I do the same as it was shown step by step which ultimately fix my jamming issue :D
I too clean all the gun's internal parts neatly and lubricate them as well. Now it works more comfortably :)

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Reddick wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am
Hello Friends ,
I had too bought an PAG of 'Bhati And Co.' which is in Jodhpur , I guess , a year earlier.
It got jammed a week earlier and I had no access to any gunsmith these days ,lockdown issue :(
So I watch on Youtube that how to completely disassemble and then reassemble the Mossberg 500 ,because my PAG is based on Mossberg 500.
And I do the same as it was shown step by step which ultimately fix my jamming issue :D
I too clean all the gun's internal parts neatly and lubricate them as well. Now it works more comfortably :)
Congratulations on your Gun. Enjoy shooting.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Reddick wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am
Hello Friends ,
Well done!

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:12 am

The fact is that every situation has it's own pros and cons. It is upon us how we judge that particular situation :D

And , secondly , IMO a PAG must not be ,according to Indian standards and situations , upgraded or modified to 7+1 or 8+1 magazine tube.
Because it makes the gun more heavier and seriously effects the mobility and feasibility when we had to use it especially near or around our home , etc. :|