Best gunsmith in Madhya Pradesh

Posts related to rifles.
Anksthakur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Best gunsmith in Madhya Pradesh

Post by Anksthakur » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Can anyone suggest best ever gunsmith in Madhya Pradesh for repairing my 32-40 Rifle Firing pin.

thanks and regards
Ankit thakur

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Best gunsmith in Madhya Pradesh

Post by eljefe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Is this the Francotte you had mentioned in another post? Sometimes there will be erosion of the area around the firing pin, it needs to be drilled out and ‘bushed’
That’s a common requirement in these rifles.

You have not stated what exactly is the problem with the firing pin ? Are the primers getting pierced or is the primer strike very light , and cartridge not firing ?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Anksthakur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Anksthakur » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 pm

eljefe wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Is this the Francotte you had mentioned in another post? Sometimes there will be erosion of the area around the firing pin, it needs to be drilled out and ‘bushed’
That’s a common requirement in these rifles.

You have not stated what exactly is the problem with the firing pin ? Are the primers getting pierced or is the primer strike very light , and cartridge not firing ?

Primer strike very light and cartridge not firing.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:57 am

Have your regular gunsmith check out the breech block and firing pin area. The action comes apart as a single block and the ONE retaining pin on side of action is a split pin. It needs to be driven out.

Then show this video to him and see if he can do this job. The spring may have to then be replaced. Don’t replace spring with a stronger spring IF the pin is not being BUSHED

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 am

Strip the action completely and see if there is anything stopping the firing pin from full clean travel. Check the spring for tension. It should be long enough to prevent you from just starting the thread on the retainer. You should have to push it in a little to start the thread. See if the firing pin actually pokes out far enough. Should be about 1.5mm.