The Swedish 94/14 Carbine in 6.5x55 mm

Posts related to rifles.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

The Swedish 94/14 Carbine in 6.5x55 mm

Post by timmy » Mon May 18, 2020 2:16 am

Brothers, Here is a very interesting and researched Youtube on the Swedish Carbine, Model 1894/14, in 6.5x55 mm These are very nice rifles, short and handy, that were chambered in the very accurate and capable 6.5x55 mm cartridge. The bullets of the 6.5x55, like most of the 6.5 mm and 7 mm cartridges of that day, were very long and of high sectional density. This gives these cartridges a relatively flat trajectory, and great penetrating power. But also, the 6.5x55 Swede was and still is well known for its exceptional accuracy.

I thought that some members would be interested in seeing this video, and even a few might be interested in watching the reviews of over 100 rifles and handguns that were used in WW 1. The research Othias has done on these weapons is quite thorough. I'm sure that some of you will enjoy episodes like the one on the Lewis Gun, along with other machine guns and the interesting French attempt to field a semi-auto rifle, well before the USA's Garand and the Soviet SVT.

But above all, I'm sharing this for that one member and brother of ours, who loves these carbines! -- Enjoy, Brother!

[youtube][/youtube]
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The Swedish 94/14 Carbine in 6.5x55 mm

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:46 pm

timmy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:16 am
Brothers, Here is a very interesting and researched Youtube on the Swedish Carbine, Model 1894/14, in 6.5x55 mm These are very nice rifles, short and handy, that were chambered in the very accurate and capable 6.5x55 mm cartridge. The bullets of the 6.5x55, like most of the 6.5 mm and 7 mm cartridges of that day, were very long and of high sectional density. This gives these cartridges a relatively flat trajectory, and great penetrating power. But also, the 6.5x55 Swede was and still is well known for its exceptional accuracy.

I thought that some members would be interested in seeing this video, and even a few might be interested in watching the reviews of over 100 rifles and handguns that were used in WW 1. The research Othias has done on these weapons is quite thorough. I'm sure that some of you will enjoy episodes like the one on the Lewis Gun, along with other machine guns and the interesting French attempt to field a semi-auto rifle, well before the USA's Garand and the Soviet SVT.

But above all, I'm sharing this for that one member and brother of ours, who loves these carbines! -- Enjoy, Brother!

[youtube][/youtube]
my friend have one ,using for hunting
In present very hard to get ammo in 6,5x55 ,basic he buy case and reloading
Orsis company in Russia making rifle in this caliber б,5x55 too
model - Orsis SE Alpine

Basic in many shop this caliber - out of stock
Have shop selling this, but price around 2 USD per shot its very expensive for russian market, because we have 7,62x54r for 30-40 cent per shot

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue May 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Tim I literally stumbled over a cavalry carbine at my local dealer. Pristine. It was handed in during an amnesty. I offered to buy it for his price of $200. But he was going to deactivate it and sell it to a stage/drama/film company. spent an hour but trying to get it , but he had committed. I have a 6.5 Grendel, but that was a masterpiece 😂
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue May 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Oh that's terrible! Around these parts, something in decent shape will run $750 to $1200. I had one many years ago that had a receiver sight installed, but otherwise was not modified. I don't have a good excuse for getting rid of it at all. They are very nice -- nicely made and good shooters, and chambered in a great cartridge.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed May 20, 2020 12:34 am

Tim,

Thank you very much for sharing this video.The research that went into this video is exceptional. I am amazed by the details this man could provide on the development of the carbine. Even with such a short barrel, there was almost no muzzle blast that could be seen.

Jefe, someone should charge those people who are turning that carbine into a stage prop. Vandals and criminals! :evil: For $200 did you say? That's a steal.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."