Does a self loading rifle which requires you to manually cock the firing mechanism count as semi auto firearm?

Posts related to rifles.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Does a self loading rifle which requires you to manually cock the firing mechanism count as semi auto firearm?

Post by timmy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:31 am

Vikram, how interesting! The looks of this rifle remind me of a Remington 1100 shotgun! For hunting and sporting use, this should be a reasonable alternative to the luddites who are opposed to technical progress for political reasons.

I had to listen closely, though. I was afraid I would have to ask Asif to translate from Australian for me to understand! :-)
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Does a self loading rifle which requires you to manually cock the firing mechanism count as semi auto firearm?

Post by Vikram » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:42 am

timmy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:31 am
I had to listen closely, though. I was afraid I would have to ask Asif to translate from Australian for me to understand! :-)
ROTFL ROTFL

The first time I was directed to a Scottish call centre in the UK was a memorable experience. I kept apologising to the lady for not being able to understand her. Accents in the UK can vary a lot and can be very difficult to comprehend unless one's ear is tuned to them. Same with Australian I guess. :D
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 am

Vikram wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:42 am
The first time I was directed to a Scottish call centre in the UK was a memorable experience. I kept apologising to the lady for not being able to understand her. Accents in the UK can vary a lot and can be very difficult to comprehend unless one's ear is tuned to them. Same with Australian I guess. :D
Oh, does that bring back memories! We had just left a little village high up in the mountains, and I was placing a call to "Bahhh-sun" (we would say "Boston"). As you may know, yankees do not believe in the letter "R", unless they can add it to the end of a word that ends in a vowel. (Here, recall President Kennedy talking about "Rusher" and sugar from "Cuber".) Anyway, I called Bahhh-stun and the voice on the line asked me if I "knew my potty's extension." It took a moment for me to recover my composure.

Wasn't it Shaw that said something about "being divided by a common language"?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:24 pm

These converted from semi auto, lever actuated shotguns are wildly popular among the newer gun owners. Because of very stringent rules about pumps and semi shotguns.
But can someone please translate single action’ and ‘ double action’ semiauto rifles for me ? :shock: :idea:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."