Was there ever a time when our Ordnance Factory sold military style or in general semi auto rifles?

Posts related to rifles.
KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Was there ever a time when our Ordnance Factory sold military style or in general semi auto rifles?

Post by KDS991213 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:32 pm

When the original arms laws were introduced in 1959, the semi auto restriction was not in place. Did Ordnance factory took advantage of this & sold military style semi auto rifles or semi auto rifles in general to legal license holders?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Was there ever a time when our Ordnance Factory sold military style or in general semi auto rifles?

Post by Woods » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 pm

An article worth mentioning here - they just can't simply acquire a manufacturer licence to a decent gun - https://www.livemint.com/news/india/drd ... 03962.html
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Was there ever a time when our Ordnance Factory sold military style or in general semi auto rifles?

Post by Woods » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Here comes another colorful one a rangbirangi - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amaruj ... bley-scott

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Man, I wish i was working for IOF. Look at the pros - secured central government job, fat salary, fat increments, fat pensions. Each year you just need to change a screw/colour/sight design, claim that it has got a longer range than the previous model there you are - Star performer of the company.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 am

pran80 wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:55 pm
Man, I wish i was working for IOF. Look at the pros - secured central government job, fat salary, fat increments, fat pensions. Each year you just need to change a screw/colour/sight design, claim that it has got a longer range than the previous model there you are - Star performer of the company.
That's the vision of most " Babus" ans their progeny for sarkari naukri in our country . :lol:

The same babu character is making electrical components somewhere , he's writing notesheets somewhere and he is also hell bent upon making guns for us .πŸ‘πŸ»

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:01 pm

KDS991213 wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:32 pm
When the original arms laws were introduced in 1959, the semi auto restriction was not in place. Did Ordnance factory took advantage of this & sold military style semi auto rifles or semi auto rifles in general to legal license holders?
To the best of my recall, COD Jabalpur sold P bore handguns and Semi auto rifles like the 30-06 Garand and the .30 M1 carbine to serving and ex defense personnel. Though quite a few of the Garands must have gone indirectly into the civvy market
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."