Need info on .223 Remington availability in India?

Posts related to rifles.
KDS991213
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need info on .223 Remington availability in India?

Post by KDS991213 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:14 pm

I need info on .223 Remington rounds that are available (if any at all) in India,. Price, weight, performance, material used & reliability is what i want to hear about. Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Need info on .223 Remington availability in India?

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:10 pm

What rifle do you plan to use them in?
Material? Please elaborate?
Reliability- what is your planned use ?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

KDS991213
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by KDS991213 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm

eljefe wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:10 pm
What rifle do you plan to use them in?
Material? Please elaborate?
Reliability- what is your planned use ?
Obviously bolt action rifles.
Meaning lead, copper, zinc bullets or tips/core etc.
recreational shooting

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 am

Check the twist rate of your rifle and if its 1:12 or faster, it will stabilise the lighter bullets. 45-55gr
When you order the ctgs, write to the manufacturer to find out what the ‘materials’ are. Usually brass or gilding metal iacket with a lead core. Some like nosler SHOTS or the Hornady have a plastic tip to better the BC. But for rec shooting, if it groups MoA...

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:52 am

KDS991213 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:14 pm
I need info on .223 Remington rounds that are available (if any at all) in India,. Price, weight, performance, material used & reliability is what i want to hear about. Thanks in advance.

Any luck in finding .223 Ammo?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:33 pm

I’ve looked at about 6 different brands of factory ammo, ranging from Norinco to hornady to OSA to Barnes and also at all my projectile cartons of the .223, and dont see the composition of the projectiles mentioned anywhere. Matter of fact, I went on this wild goose chase to see if I could help in answering your question. Nada, Zilch, zero.
All I know is cup and core projectiles are drawn from an alloy of cupro- nickel and swaged with a lead core. I have swaged .223 into 9.3mm and .40 cal pistol cases into.422” as an experiment and found they worked well on paper.
Monometal bullets like Barnes and CEB,are CNC machined from copper stock. If you are interested in paper punching, not competition per se, why this inordinate interest ?