Acquired a new toy

Posts related to rifles.
thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Acquired a new toy

Post by thesinfulsaint » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:28 pm

A few days back I was out grocery shopping with the missus, just regular shopping no firearm purchase intended at current ammo prices. I swing by the gun counter like I always do and suddenly I see Henrys marked for sale. I quickly ran towards the break room to find the gun counter guy. He comes out and tells me that they are on clearance for a limited time but all the 357 are gone (bummer) and he has only two 44 magmum left which might be gone shortly as well.

I usually do not do impulse buys but looking at the rifle couldn’t help myself. I asked the man to start the process and while he was doing his magic my wife comes in with the cart and she said: “I knew I would find you here“.

Anywho, long story short I picked up the rifle. Took the baby to the range and it was a hoot to shoot. Probably one of the best impulse buys for me.

44 mag ammo is crazy expensive now, about over a dollar a round. Luckily found some for around 70 cpr.

Here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Saint

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Acquired a new toy

Post by timmy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:32 pm

That looks like a fine toy to me, and a good find, as well.You should now be set to go find a hog or two that's tearing up some farmer's fields.

Also, 44 Mag is easy to reload. If you don't want to take the plunge, go for some cheap Lee dies, a press, and even a mould and furnace, and then you can roll your own! (Powder and primers are unobtainium now, though :-( )

That really looks like a very enjoyable rifle. I hope that you have lots of fun with it. Thanks for sharing.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am

That is a rather nice little rifle. Congratulations!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 am

timmy wrote:That looks like a fine toy to me, and a good find, as well.You should now be set to go find a hog or two that's tearing up some farmer's fields.

Also, 44 Mag is easy to reload. If you don't want to take the plunge, go for some cheap Lee dies, a press, and even a mould and furnace, and then you can roll your own! (Powder and primers are unobtainium now, though :-( )

That really looks like a very enjoyable rifle. I hope that you have lots of fun with it. Thanks for sharing.
Someone I know offered me single stage press with all the accessories and dies at throwaway price more than a year back but I did not capitalize on it as I was not ready, or so I thought. Now I repent that.

Either way, I find ammo here and there. Also saving the brass of all the calibers so I have enough stock when I can get into reloading after all this nonsense is over. Seems like it will be a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Saint