303 surplus

Posts related to rifles.
Post Reply
swamp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:06 pm

303 surplus

Post by swamp » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Im a new member so forgive me if the questions seems out of date.

Im looking to buy 303 enfeilds. Can anyone point me in the direction of 100-500-1000 rifles?

A government agency perhaps that can point me?
An email address of a place to start?

thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: 303 surplus

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Not in India. Here .303 is PB and no deal with a prohibited bore
Weapon is possible unless you have a connection in MOD.
Regards

Shivaji

User avatar
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5237
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: 303 surplus

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm

This is what they are doing with surplus SMLE rifles in India now

:(

Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

User avatar
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: 303 surplus

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:15 pm

May be you could contact the Indian Home Ministry directly and see what their response is.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

User avatar
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 am
Location: Jammu, J&K

Re: 303 surplus

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm

There are many .303 Rifles in the hands of civilians in J&K. These civilians are members of Village Defence Committees in terrorist infested areas. They are monitored by J&K Police which is now under MHA. Ammo is supplied by the Police under very strict supervision.

Why do you want to buy 100-500-1000 rifles?

User avatar
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5237
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: 303 surplus

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:11 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm
There are many .303 Rifles in the hands of civilians in J&K. These civilians are members of Village Defence Committees in terrorist infested areas. They are monitored by J&K Police which is now under MHA. Ammo is supplied by the Police under very strict supervision.

Why do you want to buy 100-500-1000 rifles?
These would be government firearms issued to village defence committees, the ownership of these resides with the government, they cannot be sold/ transferred.

It's like what they did in punjab in the 1980's, government issued full auto carbines to people, as well as AKs, these were taken back by the government once peace returned to the state in the early 1990's.

The the only time a citizen can be trusted with such firearms, is when he's fighting the government's battle for it. At all other times, a citizen is to be distrusted and must be kept disarmed and at the mercy of the babus.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: 303 surplus

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 am

mundaire wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:11 pm
sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm
There are many .303 Rifles in the hands of civilians in J&K. These civilians are members of Village Defence Committees in terrorist infested areas. They are monitored by J&K Police which is now under MHA. Ammo is supplied by the Police under very strict supervision.

Why do you want to buy 100-500-1000 rifles?
These would be government firearms issued to village defence committees, the ownership of these resides with the government, they cannot be sold/ transferred.

It's like what they did in punjab in the 1980's, government issued full auto carbines to people, as well as AKs, these were taken back by the government once peace returned to the state in the early 1990's.

The the only time a citizen can be trusted with such firearms, is when he's fighting the government's battle for it. At all other times, a citizen is to be distrusted and must be kept disarmed and at the mercy of the babus.
What is the Government? Employed by us, as per our personal fancies and taxes. Unfortunately, it becomes a Frankenstein's monster.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

User avatar
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 am
Location: Jammu, J&K

Re: 303 surplus

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 am
mundaire wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:11 pm
sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm
There are many .303 Rifles in the hands of civilians in J&K. These civilians are members of Village Defence Committees in terrorist infested areas. They are monitored by J&K Police which is now under MHA. Ammo is supplied by the Police under very strict supervision.

Why do you want to buy 100-500-1000 rifles?
These would be government firearms issued to village defence committees, the ownership of these resides with the government, they cannot be sold/ transferred.

It's like what they did in punjab in the 1980's, government issued full auto carbines to people, as well as AKs, these were taken back by the government once peace returned to the state in the early 1990's.

The the only time a citizen can be trusted with such firearms, is when he's fighting the government's battle for it. At all other times, a citizen is to be distrusted and must be kept disarmed and at the mercy of the babus.
What is the Government? Employed by us, as per our personal fancies and taxes. Unfortunately, it becomes a Frankenstein's monster.
And now the discussion has taken a new turn.

Post Reply