An Enthusiast looking to learn and have some fun.

Posts related to rifles.
AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

An Enthusiast looking to learn and have some fun.

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello Everyone. Recently I have been binging a lot of youtube content on air rifles and I thoroughly enjoy them. So I have finally decided to get into the sport myself but I have no clue where to begin. No one in my family has ever held a gun. I would like to ask you, folks, where I can learn about the sport and what air rifle should I buy to get started (I am willing to spend up to 15k for my first buy.) Where can I go to practice? Keep in my mind I only want to do this as a hobby as I am an enthusiast. Could any of you guide me as to how to get started in this sport. Thanks a lot.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: An Enthusiast looking to learn and have some fun.

Post by Shivakr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum..

With ur budget you can get a decent airgun.. look at Precihole & SDB brand. All their models have been discussed in dept in this forum.

If u have space at your home u can practice there.. else u can join a rifle club or any friends field ..

Since this is your first airgun, do familiarize yourself with the safety aspect . Especially the target backdrop, airguns are quite powerful & someone can get seriously hurt..

Feel free to ask all your doubts in this forum.. members here are very welcoming & helpful..
Do spend some time searching/browsing the forum. Enjoy shooting..

AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Shivakr wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 am
Welcome to the forum..

With ur budget you can get a decent airgun.. look at Precihole & SDB brand. All their models have been discussed in dept in this forum.

If u have space at your home u can practice there.. else u can join a rifle club or any friends field ..

Since this is your first airgun, do familiarize yourself with the safety aspect . Especially the target backdrop, airguns are quite powerful & someone can get seriously hurt..

Feel free to ask all your doubts in this forum.. members here are very welcoming & helpful..
Do spend some time searching/browsing the forum. Enjoy shooting..
Thank you so much, brother. I appreciate it

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bishop » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Do you live in a city?How old are you?
Powerful air rifles are difficult to cock.So choose according to your age and strength.
SDB Sport ,Artemis,Xena, Precihole VX100,NX200 ,SX200 are some to consider if you want a powerful air rifle.
If you are more into 10 mtrs Competition shooting or backyard plinking you can choose Precihole ClubElite plus or SDB Gennex or GennexPro.
Be aware that Precihole products VX100 and SX200 don't make the power that the manufacturers claim.

AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm

Bishop wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:43 pm
Welcome to the forum.
Do you live in a city?How old are you?
Powerful air rifles are difficult to cock.So choose according to your age and strength.
SDB Sport ,Artemis,Xena, Precihole VX100,NX200 ,SX200 are some to consider if you want a powerful air rifle.
If you are more into 10 mtrs Competition shooting or backyard plinking you can choose Precihole ClubElite plus or SDB Gennex or GennexPro.
Be aware that Precihole products VX100 and SX200 don't make the power that the manufacturers claim.
Well, yes I do live in a city and I happen to be 20 years old. I saw a couple of videos on the NX200 with a 4x20 scope. I am thinking it would be a good beginner gun. Is there something I should consider before the purchase?

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:04 am

AirRifleEnthusiast wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Well, yes I do live in a city and I happen to be 20 years old. I saw a couple of videos on the NX200 with a 4x20 scope. I am thinking it would be a good beginner gun. Is there something I should consider before the purchase?
This is your first airgun, i suggest just buy the rifle you like & few tins of pellets.. get your self familiarised with the rifle & get the basics right.. scope can come latter..

while u order the airgun, start saving empty tins cans for target practise..

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bishop » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Those cheap scopes will not even last for a week. Forget about scope unless you're willing to spend nothing less than 8-10k.
If you're range is less than 25-30 mtrs consider VX100 or GennexPro.
Once you are set and know the pellets your rifle likes,use the rest of your money to buy pellets in bulk or invest in a good scope along with ZR mounts.

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:20 am

AirRifleEnthusiast wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm
Hello Everyone. Recently I have been binging a lot of youtube content on air rifles and I thoroughly enjoy them. So I have finally decided to get into the sport myself but I have no clue where to begin. No one in my family has ever held a gun. I would like to ask you, folks, where I can learn about the sport and what air rifle should I buy to get started (I am willing to spend up to 15k for my first buy.) Where can I go to practice? Keep in my mind I only want to do this as a hobby as I am an enthusiast. Could any of you guide me as to how to get started in this sport. Thanks a lot.
welcome on-board u lucky that u are going into this hobby when a lot of good options are presented to choose from specially Indian made we had to start with very rough ass whooping sweat bringing and sound producing like old beaten car type airguns only good airgun we found that time was Diana but it is a costly air weapon..

Air gun selection mainly depends upon ur shooting range if u have space to shoot long ranges go with xena or nx200 else get a gennex pro and feel the pleasure of this sports.

Hope it helped

Regards

Veerbhadra

AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Thanks to all the people who helped me with my question. I finally bought an NX 200 Athena and I am loving it. It's accurate and smooth. Got great groupings at 10 meters. Thanks to the community for all its help.

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Congrats. 🎉… happy plinking weekend… have fun.

Do keep us updated..

AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:03 am

Shivakr wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:17 pm
Congrats. 🎉… happy plinking weekend… have fun.

Do keep us updated..
Thanks a lot mate