heavy & long gun

Posts related to rifles.
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

heavy & long gun

Post by cherian.k.k » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:30 pm

hello every one
i would like to know whether a heavy or light, short or long gun is better. taking into account the accuracy,easy to carry and handle
cherian.k.k

For Advertising mail webmaster
sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: heavy & long gun

Post by sangi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Hello, we need more details. Guns, so one assumes it is a shotgun you talk of. my 2 bits worth, its personal-obviously is commensurate to your height and build, and what you want it for is very important. Most of us Indians, are most comfortable with light, short weapons;unless competition shooting/target shooting.24" barrel,weight 6 to max 7 is what most of us are on. Gurus and Aces advise please......!

sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: heavy & long gun

Post by sangi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:11 pm

my fault!!!was under the rifles head, so should have realised. Most of the rifles we have in india are 22-24". Heavy? unless the older(really older) ones, most are comfortable for we lesser mortals-remington,winchester,BSA, Rigbys, MS,the odd parker hale or even the few (and lovely customs). The ones which are HEAVY would be the, what, G1 Garands/springfields and OUR VERY OWN .315, so please do specify...

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm

i brought this topic because i am confused, i had talked to some of my friend about this .some had the opinion that rifle which are heavy is easy to handle and perform better,othere have the opposite opinion. but for me i like it light may be it is because it is easy to carry it around
cherian.k.k