.405 Winchester Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
sirohideepak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.405 Winchester Rifle

Post by sirohideepak » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:15 pm

Hi,
I have a .405 Winchester Rifle and for quite a long time I am looking for the cartridges. Does anyone have any source or dealer detail?

Thank you
Deepak

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: .405 Winchester Rifle

Post by miroflex » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:40 pm

There was a revival of interest in this cartridge in the USA due to an anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt's African Safari. Many firms loaded these cartridges for sale due to a revival of interest.

A dealer on Latouche Road, Lucknow had cartridges of this caliber as well as a pair of used rifles a few years ago. Unfortunately, I cannot recollect the name of the dealer. Perhaps it was Lucknow Arms Co.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

ankur_ank
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: .405 Winchester Rifle

Post by ankur_ank » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:00 pm

miroflex wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:40 pm
There was a revival of interest in this cartridge in the USA due to an anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt's African Safari. Many firms loaded these cartridges for sale due to a revival of interest.

A dealer on Latouche Road, Lucknow had cartridges of this caliber as well as a pair of used rifles a few years ago. Unfortunately, I cannot recollect the name of the dealer. Perhaps it was Lucknow Arms Co.
Probably Singh Gun House" had one rife... I recall seeing it a few years back.