A nice gun

Posts related to rifles.
herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

A nice gun

Post by herb » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:59 pm

Sharing some pics of a humble .22 single shot. By a nice gun I don't mean an expensive or fancy gun. I mean a gun that does well the intended purpose for which it was created for a very long time reliably.

This gun is 61 years old, past retirement age in most places. It is a single shot bolt action with 22 " barrel. A joy to handle with nice balance.

It was made by Anschutz in Germany in 1962 has the proof marks of the ULM proof house. It can be used as a daily plinker without concerns of scratches or dings when thrown into the back of the truck.

Year of manufacture...

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: A nice gun

Post by timmy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:40 am

Herb, your little Anschutz is looking very nice (especially for a "truck gun"). I'd note that, while the gun is simple and certainly not as expensive as its photographic partner in your first picture, one thing that separates guns like these is their finish and attention to being made "right." I have no doubt that it's quite accurate, and lots of fun to shoot.

The thing with a gun like this one is, not only will it furnish many many hours, days, and years of shooting pleasure for very little money, but it will do so while always giving one that feeling obtained from something made with craftsmanship, like holding a well-made precision micrometer.

Thanks for sharing this one!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: A nice gun

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:00 pm

Lovely little Anschutz, Herb. Great shooters. As Tim said above, very well made rifle.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."