Precision Rifles

Post by Mo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:01 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 pm

nice one mate.

.50 here i come(ok maybe, might,least we can dream)
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precision Rifles

Post by sudhaiob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Hello Mo
What do you do in your spare time
Regs
sudhaiob

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 pm

@nagarifle: I've managed to destroy my keyboard with all the drooling! Did you read up on the event where he competes with the Special forces guys! What a rush!

Hi Sudhaiob,

Spare Time? Hmmm.. I travel a lot! Photography is my primary hobby. I read a lot (Online and otherwise)! and love shooting. I make sure I have plinking sessions every night. Though I feel like a criminal at times cause of all the hush-hush involved. But if you're a neighbour of mine:

No, I dont know what those popping noises are at 3 in the morning :mrgreen:

Never owned a firearm before. Dont dream of owning one in India ever. But have had a go at several pistols. Never a rifle.

Why do you ask? Wanna meet up for some plinking?

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:34 am

Hello Mo
my post was subtly worded, if you are spending most of your time providing entertainment for lesser mortals like us, what do you do in your spare time.
Regs
sudhaiob

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:31 pm

hi Mo
yes, the guy was impressed with the ruskis Alpha team shooting skills, not damm supprised, the Alpha boys are a wicked lot in there work.

nagarilfe
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:24 pm

@sudhaiob: :oops:

@Nagarifle: I can only but imagine the kind of training they go through. Recently read about the selection process for the RAF. Goosebumps!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:44 pm

MO
they go through some of the toughest trainging with hi numbers of dropout, part of the training is to throw a normal razor blade and imbed it in the targets neck. :evil: tried this but unable to throw such a light thing and make it stick, an immposible task. :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: just a myth i think.

As it happens :) a mate of mine wrote with one another guy a book based on the Alpha Team, its called the Alpha Team. :) makes a good read on cold winters day.

the training is nothing like the RAF. More demanding, much more demanding. A little harder then the black cats.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:16 pm

part of the training is to throw a normal razor blade and imbed it in the targets neck.
:shock:
tried this but unable to throw such a light thing and make it stick, an immposible task.
:shock: Who volunteered a neck?!?
just a myth i think.
Methinks too. Not gonna try it though. If a friend agrees to lemme try, i'd probably have to let his have a go at my neck too! What if he's luckier eh?!? :wink:
a mate of mine wrote with one another guy a book based on the Alpha Team, its called the Alpha Team.
I googled it. Couldn't find any. Whats your mate's name? I'd do an author search. Love to read up on such stuff.
the training is nothing like the RAF. More demanding, much more demanding.
I was actually thinking about the British SAS. Not RAF. Sorry.

Here's something I picked up on Wiki about the training process:

Read the Full Article Here!

Selection and training
Main article: United Kingdom Special Forces Selection
At the formation of the Regiment personnel earned their place through service on operations. In 1952 Major John Woodhouse introduced what has come to be known as 'Selection' or the 'Selection Course'.

Selection is reputed to be one of the most demanding military training courses in the world, with a reported pass rate of less than 10%. It is a test of strength, endurance, and resolve over the Brecon Beacons and Elan Valley in Wales, and in the jungle of Brunei, taking around 6 months to complete.

Selection is held twice a year regardless of conditions. A candidate must be male, not exceed 32 years of age (34 for UKSF Reserve [11]), and have been a regular member of the Armed Forces for at least three years (except for entry to UFSF Reserve). All soldiers who apply must have at least 39 months of military service remaining. A candidate who fails any stage of the selection is 'Returned to [his parent] Unit' (RTU'd). Candidates are allowed only two attempts at selection, after which they may never reapply. Many are not even allowed that.

Like other sections of the British armed forces, the SAS accepts members from the Commonwealth and The Republic of Ireland, with notable representation from Fiji, the former Rhodesia, New Zealand and Australia. The Parachute Regiment is frequently the SAS's main recruiting area.

The selection phase has three main sections:

Physical endurance
Combat
Survival and evading capture.
The physical endurance phase is the phase in which most candidates will be eliminated due to the difficulty of the test. The SAS use the Brecon Beacons in Wales to carry out the test. Over the course of a month the runs and hikes get progressively longer, the weights carried increase and recovery times shorten. The final stage of this phase of selection is known as "Test Week" and culminates with "Endurance", a forty mile march across the Brecon Beacons, that must be completed in less than twenty hours with a load in excess of fifty-five pounds plus water, food and rifle.

[edit] Initial continuation training (4 weeks)
The combat phase is held in the jungle, normally in Brunei or Malaysia. This is where the successful candidates will learn to use weapons and tactics to outwit and outmanoeuvre enemy forces. The SAS, unlike most regiments, uses live ammunition on their combat phase. This is because they are trained to fight while considering friendly positions from the start, so that they can carry this straight on to the battlefield: 'You only get one chance'.

If candidates have managed to pass through the combat phase, they then go through survival, escape and evasion training. In this phase candidates undergo a survival trial in the jungle, in which they only have a small 'survival kit'. They must survive for a week while evading a hunter force. This is a particularly hard phase because the hunter force is normally accustomed to the ground and are given rewards, such as increased leave, if they capture a candidate. After this week, the candidates must give themselves up at an agreed meeting point. They will then be taken back to the enemy HQ and interrogated. This interrogation phase will make or break their career as they must undergo physical and mental torture as well as aggressive interrogation. The SAS will accept roughly 2-7% of the soldiers who started selection.

Now what can ever be tougher than that eh?!?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:08 pm

what could be tougher than that? hmm hmm let me think?? yes try doing it second time with a large beer belly. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

try this links

nagarifle

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:40 pm

doing it second time with a large beer belly.
At-least they'd make bigger targets :lol:

Thanks for the links bro. I'll try getting a copy..