Got my shooting iron

Posts related to rifles.
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Got my shooting iron

Post by shutzen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:04 pm

HI! Finally the folx at blaser factory were done with the spit and polish shine on my blaser lrs2 and lucky for me that the BB NSCC got delayed and I will get to use this /test it out in the coming nationals . My release from customs got delayed by a day cuz one dude wanted a explanation regarding a spelling mistake correction on my import lic. by the DGFT and secondly - you wont believe it - A lady customs office wanted 3K bcoz of all the things she could not "find" any serial numbers on the barrels! even after I got on the phone and found where that serials are located Neways she was adamant on not reducing her fees so next day had to wait for her duty change and more agreeable & sensible folx to come on duty and got the shipment released. Donno how she adds up her salary ;)

Here are some links to some camera phone pics on photobucket. Will post more pics/better ones once I get the lic endorsement done and go to shoot!

side on pic of the blaser in full match regalia including mirage band.

a oblique view of the above

without the band

close up view of the match barrel showing the flutes and the loopy scope and qd scope mounts :) Have not clicked any pics with the scope attached as my torx allen key set is stored away and due to ongoing renovation work at my house I have to locate and find it :oops:

well will get you folx upto speed when I goto the range and shoot a few ;)
Last edited by shutzen on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Congrats on a really fabulous rifle. Maybe sometime I'll come down to yer town and try out a few plus take coaching from you.

Good shot against the red tape. These customs women are really blind as even the one in Delhi couldn't find the correct invoice. Finally, her colleague helped us out.

Glad that she didn't make a penny.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:20 pm

congrats mate, nice piece of kit, go and get the top score mate.
nagarilfe
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Nice piece of kit Shutzen, congratulations! Do keep us posted on how she shoots... :) This rifle has quick change barrels - right? Have you gotten yourself more than one set (different calibres)?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 pm

WOW, is it one of those, the ones used only to hit the bullseye??

Cheers
Sid

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Got my shooting iron

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Nice acquisition Shutzen, whats the twist rate of this barrel and is it single shot or mag capable?

Cheerio
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Very nice Rifle and I wish you the best at the Nationals. Maybe you can have some IFG stickers on your gun case and have the other shooters join our group.

Please post some targets you've shot with this one.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Good for you shutzen! go for it and good luck.
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 pm

nice rifle . best of luck for the nationals
cherian.k.k

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Gentlemen - Thank you all for your good wishes . In fact you have inspired me to give you the guided tour "full House" tour. I fished out the torx allen driver and have clicked some more pics to try and give you a complete perspective of this - "Highly Controversial rifle " according to some . Have fun & enjoy ;)
Pics are hosted on photobucket. Short de.scriptions of each are provided here:

A close up of the polarised adjustable rear iris . Polariser is a must for long range shooting .

close up of adjustable aperture front sight

View of the RH & LH butt. note the adjustments and the sling swivel

ImageImage
RH bolt close up view

action open view

close up of the qd sling swivel mounts - these can be put on lh or rh as per users choice

Closeup view of the blaser proprietry saddle mount and the qs scope mounts

closeup of the scope with one qd mount in closed & one in open position

Side profile with scope mounted

View of cleaning rod with VFG adaptor and the "european style" cylindrical cleaning felts. The tip take two cleaning felts in one go and on the stroke from the chamber to the barrel end. On the reverse stroke the first felt automatically drops off and one felt cylinder does the reverse stroke. - Lets see how it will work in actual practice

Well sice this will be my main competition rifle I have a spare barrel in .308 cal - for use with the more expensive moly coated bullets exclusively. On this frame I can later on add any other modern competition caliber which the SAI permits . Shown in the pic are the spare barrel, spare trigger, spare bolthead and the small repair kit. Beauty of this rifle is that it is fully modular and anyone with a slight techhie background can change the parts without the need of " scrambling around in the Woods findding 'smiths"

Hope this was a informative look at the blaser modular system. Once again thanks for all your good wishes and will post some targes as soon as I complete all the paperwork before taking it out for the trials. :)
Last edited by shutzen on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:38 am

Shutzen, with the QD scope mount and the scope, how well does it retain zero ? The notches in the barrel seem meagre to grab a good bite on the QA mount.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:09 am

Congrats enjoy

Best

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:18 am

Great... looking forward to some nice groups being shot by yr iron !!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:17 pm

very impressive. best of luck for your nationals. and don't forget to write us a report too!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Got my shooting iron

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Hey Schutzen,

Congrats! Enjoy, have fun and do well at the nationals.

If you do, promise me you'll send all the bubble wrap.... eeeee makes my thumbs itch... squeeze pop, squeeze pop.... almost as much fun as shooting the blazer I suppose..... :mrgreen: