Modification of IOF .22 LR

Posts related to rifles.
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Modification of IOF .22 LR

Post by shutzen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 am

denzilmatthew";p="40505 wrote:Hi shutzen,Do let me know about the Titanium gunworks LED sight. How you get that as I also want it for my rifle and also post some pics if possible.Regards,Denzil
HI! Denzil , I am posting the link to the post I had made about this sight earlier. I am also posting a pic of the sight which shows the

led front post and the battery housing and its knurled on off switch. If you are interested you can email Mr. Klauss and he can give you

a quote and you can pay him by card and get it through the parcel post. PM me if you are really interested to order for more tips. Sorry -

the fricking system does not even let me post one pic of the sight in attachment - I think all the dudes posting all those floptical fish &

the hindi chinee bhai bhai babas take up all the bandwidth ! I get a message - sorry you have reached your maximum quota limit of 256

KB any way check out the links to photobucket:

Pic of front sight in night mode - looks cool
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 0_5379.jpg

pic of front sight in day & night mode

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 0_4097.jpg

complete sight

LinK : http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Have fun ;) Man gotta start fishing at my farm and maybe then I can also post those 2 page runners of all the poor dead limp floptical

fish :roll:
Last edited by shutzen on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:19 pm

the fricking system does not even let me post one pic of the sight in attachment - I think all the dudes posting all those floptical fish &
the hindi chinee bhai bhai babas take up all the bandwidth !
Nice attempt at a windup but you need to try harder, though the consequences of which will see you booted off the forum and this time it will be for good.

The pictures you are refering to are not hosted on the IFG server but only linked to it.

In future put in a little more effort to link your pics from a pic hosting site rather than moan about the sites pic hosting limitations.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:36 pm

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="40523"]
Nice attempt at a windup but you need to try harder, though the consequences of which will see you booted off the forum and this time it will be for good.
[/quote]

Ahh! no wonder they made U Me aur Hum ;)
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:13 pm

shutzen";p="40514 wrote:I get a message - sorry you have reached your maximum quota limit of 256 KB any way check out the links to photobucket:
Your file size is too big, to post as an attachment you have to reduce the pics size to less than 256 kb. There is no bandwidth problem.

jam
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jam » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi! everyone,
We have known that it is legal to shorten the barrel of a shotgun by a licensed gunsmith. Is it also possible to shorten the barrel of .22 IOF say to 20" or 18"? I believe that it will hardly affect the accuracy as the barrel is not choked. Of course, it will affect the velocity and muzzle power.

As I am told, the shooting range for .22 in Indian clubs is normally 50m, so for a range of 50m, a barrel length of 18" is more than enough. In fact, I believe 18" is good enough for 100m.

Waiting for your comments..

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:41 pm

20" is the legal limit in India

jam
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jam » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:18 am

Thanks penpusher.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:06 am

shutzen";p="40514 wrote: the fricking system does not even let me post one pic of the sight in attachment - I think all the dudes posting all those floptical fish & the hindi chinee bhai bhai babas take up all the bandwidth ! I get a message - sorry you have reached your maximum quota limit of 256
LOL. This is hilarious.
shutzen";p="40514 wrote: Have fun ;) Man gotta start fishing at my farm and maybe then I can also post those 2 page runners of all the poor dead limp floptical fish :roll:
There you go, you're catching on.

Like Mack The Knife said, ignorance is no excuse. There are tons of photo hosting sites.

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by denzilmatthew » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi,

Some more pic of my Rifle

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Jam: As long as the muzzle is square to the bore and properly crowned, shortening the barrel will not affect accuracy. A .22 rimfire atttains maximum velocity in about 16-18" of barrel, and declines again in a barrel longer than about 20". In any case, the prevailing law determines how short you can go. Cheers.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Getting into semantics here, but changing the sight would not affect "accuracy". However, you need to check the "zero", i.e. whether the rifle still shoots to the sights. Nice job, though! (Didn't realize any factory rifle stock could be THAT ugly.) Cheers.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 pm

The rule says barrel lenght not longer than 20" for smooth barrel gun. Is there a specific mention about rifled barrels also to be greater than 20"???
klick klack..... diskaon

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Any scope even a 4x32 mm by Tasco, Simmons, Weaver, Bushnell will work fine with this .22.

Last month I had sent a scope to Danish, a german scope called Norcinia a 3-9 x 40, that will work perfectly on this .22, a lot of guys use it on their .22 LR rifles in India including BRNO model 2 and 1.

Where did you guys took my Jeep shooting ? Its my Jeep in there in the picture.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Did you not mean "barrel length no shorter"? It's the short barrels that make a gun readily hideable that are normally prohibited, not long unwieldy ones. Cheers.