Hartman and Weiss Catalogue

Posts related to rifles.
mehulkamdar

Hartman and Weiss Catalogue

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:37 am

Probably the finest maker of hunting guns in the world today Check them out.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Hartman and Weiss Catalogue

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:42 am

Love ya Mehul. Thanks a bunch. Those guns are heart rendingly beautiful.I love those bolt action rifles. The only glitch in the thing is, there is no price list.I tried to search through the website.Nothing much there.How could you find this one beats me.

Best-

Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:53 am

Am I being dim or something because I can`t see a link anywhere ?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:04 am

Grumpy,

You have to click on the wwords "Check them out." The new forum software makes this kind of post possible.

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:41 am

Thanks Mehul. I hadn`t noticed that `Check them out` is in a slightly different colour.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 am

Beautiful guns. I`ve seen the catalogue before.....might even have a copy somewhere. Do you think that the `System Hagn` falling block actions are built under licence or imported from Martin Hagn ( or more properly Martini & Hagn ) in Canada ?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:29 am

Grumpy,

Adolf Martin Hagn licensed the manufacture of his action to Hartman & Weiss and they manufacture it for him as well. And Martini and Hagn use H&W Mauser actions for their bolt guns.

A link to the Martini and Hagn website is herefor those who would like to check out these equally beautiful rifles. The range is not as extensive as H&W's but the rifles are no less spectacular.

Hope we could import them into India in the future...

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 am

Thanks for the info Mehul - interesting and something that I didn`t know. Adolf Martin Hagn is known as `Martin`. I don`t blame him for not using `Adolf`! I know the `System Hagn` falling block actions are reckoned to be super smooth in use but have never handled one.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Grumpy,

When I wrote an article on fine guns for India Today Plus magazine in the mid 90s, I had more than a little correspondence with Hagn. He did not use the name Adolf then, as you correctly oint out, and his was a one man show - no website, no catalogue and sales just by word of mouth. I think Ralf Martini's joining him as a partner in his business has brought him to the modern world. Ralf is a much younger man and is considerably more market savvy - Martin is the designing genius.

For our members who are not aware of the Hagn action, this is a single shot or double rifle action (only Hagn makes doubles, I think, Hartman und Weiss don't) which is a work of art. The action has no screws or pins and it is made of parts that are assembled in a specific order by hand. The original Hagn action didn't have ejectors - extreme design reliability was the main design criterion - though these days ajector type actions are also supplied as many buyers prefer them. The new ejector type actions are also as reliable as the original extractor types were. You have to see one of these actions and operate it to appreciate the incredible quality that goes into them. Also, traditionally, single shot and double rifle actions were designed for rimmed cartridges. The Hagn is better suited to modern rimless rounds.

Cheers,

Mehul

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Some pictures of Hagn rifles from the Nitro Express forums.

Cheers!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:24 pm

Yeah, gorgeous aren`t they ? Absolutely beautiful. There`s something about a falling block action.........Perhaps because there`s so little metal showing compared to a bolt action. Really elegant.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:33 pm

Gorgeous looking Guns..

Thanks Mehul for sharing that..

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...