Post by andy_65_in » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 am

thanks cherian

For Advertising mail webmaster
denong
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: .22lr brno mod1 vs model 2E

Post by denong » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 pm

marksman, i have a brno 2e does it have 12 grooves. i have also been told that the latest brno model has a 12 grove for outstanding accuracy, i think its called the supermatch realeased in 2008.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:26 pm

brnoman in the usa is offering a 10 rd metal mag for the brno mod 1 for $ 60 plus shipping.is this cheap or costly( the IOF 10 rd mag sells for abt Rs 1200 but wont fit).

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Anyway, the IOF magazine doesn't work properly......the spring is too strong/long.......
it pushes the round too high as a result the round misses the chamber....

I have tried this with a couple of magazines.....and same problem every time!!

Nishant

Fowad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Fowad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:14 am

Hi friends,

A Brno magazine does not fit IOF .22 and vice versa, may be coz of kind of raw make of the later.

As for the microgrooving I am owning a .22 S-L-LR Marlin Glenfield Model 25, it have 16 grooves and actually microgrooving is patented by Marlin(look for the JM mark for patented microgrooving in the Barrel). Although the Barrel length is 22 inches I have used it more suscessfully compared to my Brno .22 lr. Specially when loaded with CCI Stinger the results are much better in a Marlin Glenfield. I consider it much superior to a Brno in the Metal finishing as well as the accuracy and handling. The Bolt is as smooth as of Man- sch. and so is the positive feeding of of all kinds of .22 crtgs(short, long, long rifle)and ejection. Safety operation is also quite and smooth unlike a Brno.

I have never seen a microgrooved Kriko or Brno.

Fowad

omaar_sir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by omaar_sir » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 pm

i have shot both the models and i find mod 2e definately a better version of the two. My opinion is based purely on my shooting experience and the accuracy of the weapon when i fired it.

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 pm

A question. How will a hyper velocity round function in a microgroove barrel
Regs
Sudhaiob

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed May 16, 2012 11:57 pm

sudhaiob wrote:A question. How will a hyper velocity round function in a microgroove barrel
Regs
Sudhaiob
Yes, as long as it fits the chamber.
Some rounds like the CCI Stinger have a length that is longer than what SAAMI standards call for.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

kaugustine
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kaugustine » Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Dear Denong,

The accuracy of the guns are mostly depends on the shooter, not on the guns. I could not give any concrete comments on the accuracy of both of the guns, but as far as my knowledge is concerned, the accuracy of the Mod 2E is uncomparable with Mod 1 post war world 2 product. Since the Mod 2E has been fully equipped with modern technologies, the barrel is chrome plated to achieve maximum accuracy, the trigger is fully adjustable, both of the sights (front & rear) are fully adjustable, it was equipped with monte carlo stock for better and comfortable aiming for every shooter, while Mod 1 has conventional rifling without any adjustable trigger, both the sight are fixed without any adjustment facility, it was equipped only with classic stock which is not matching and comfortable for every shooter. Still i have doubt that maximum accuracy and velocity might not gain in Mod 1 with modern Ammunition because of conventional rifling. Any way, the ball is toward your court now. All the best.

Regards
Kaugustine

RicG777
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by RicG777 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 am

I bumped this thread after a friend sighted in a new scope for his Brno Mod 2 E.

I read this comment QUOTE by hock ann » Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm
I have fired many Brno .22 Rifles but I always like the Mod-1 from which I have fired & hit at a max distance upto 300 meters & the target size was almost half square feet.
The best advice is to try both the rifles at a range before you buy & the one that hits the target is best for you.
HK,
END QUOTE.

Then I read a contradictory comment saying .22lr only good for 40 to 70 meters ?? What impressed me with this Model 2 E was "accuracy"! After sighting in, my friend/neighbour had a session. From 200 yards he puts several groups in a target ( match stick duct taped to A3 computer paper) , this size of a cigarette pack ! Not a carton, but groups of 5 in area of cigarette pack.! He is a marksman.! Then he went out to 300 yards.!! The group was inside the area of 6"x6" or 150mm x 150mm.!

He agreed that although he could hit me in the head at 200 metres, it would not be lethal unless it was an eye shot, but at 300 meters it might leave a small bruise .

I am a fan or "target shooting" not killing things! I found this experience " remarkable"!

Mohd Sajid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re:price of .22lr brno mod 2.

Post by Mohd Sajid » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm

price of .22lr brno mod 2. interested in buyin

pathik810
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pathik810 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 pm

Wanted to know if a Brno model 2e stock can fix on a model 2 gun? Thanks!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:02 pm

pathik810 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 pm
Wanted to know if a Brno model 2e stock can fix on a model 2 gun? Thanks!
I think the difference was only with the sights, should fit. But I'm not certain on this, maybe someone who knows more can pipe in and guide you better.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein