Would you pay $2,39,000 for these rifles?

Posts related to rifles.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Would you pay $2,39,000 for these rifles?

Post by Vikram » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:02 am

They are asking $2,39,000 for a set of three double rifles-375 H&H Flanged, 8x75 and 7x75- by Westley Richards. They all look great to me despite the fact that they are by WR. :wink:

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default.asp ... &GunID=632

But, I do think that the money they are asking is a lot for the rifles. Your take.

Best-
Vikram

Tsk Tsk; There is a Watson Bros .700 DR used by the (in)famous PH Mark Sulivan for sale there.Ckeck what they are asking for it.

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default.asp ... 3&GunID=74
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Would you pay $2,39,000 for these rifles?

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:51 am

Let's see - before I am accused of bias :lol: the Sullivan rifle first - it is not regulated for the full 1000 grains at 2000 fps load but for a low powered special load. IIRC the rifle has been perpetually on sale changing hands a few times in recent months.

As far as the Westley Richards rifles are concerned, if I were in the market for a set of three, I would go to Johan Fanzoj or Armi Famars, commission three sidelock rifles in whatever calibres I wanted, with considerably better quality and finish than these, and then use the remaining money from the $ 239,000 budget to go on a champagne quality safari. The only consolation I can see is that these "new and unfired" rifles are on sale by someone other than Westley Richards' owner, W-C. Never saw initials that were more appropriate before! :twisted: :lol:

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:55 am

Speaking of flanged 375, this one is on sale with Lewis Drake. Though it is considerably more expensive than the guns offered by Champlin, even from the pictures, the quality is evident.

Oh well, Walter Clode knows what his products are worth, quality and price wise compared to Holland and Holland even if they are grossly overpriced compared to many superior gunmakers' products. :lol:

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:24 pm

For more sticker shock check these six figures guns!!

http://www.dewings.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... &x=8953742

Cheers and Seasons greetings

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:54 pm

Since Mehul mentioned Walter Clode this is one story I would love to share. Last time he came shopping in 2003 (every three years is the routine for him) he purchased an engraved 375 double, sidelock, gold etching, engraving et al , from Kollkata for a paltry 3.5 lakh rupees !!!!!
Clode didnt even come down personally this time. He stayed in Mumbai and deployed some dealers as his buying agents.

He did not show any interest in an gold engraved Hyeme (German) hand-finished 375/12 bore over under combination saying it was not what he was looking for (!!!).

Just for information :
375s of good British and European make in good to moderate condition now retail for anything between 90 k and 1.5 lakh at Kolkata shops.
An almost brand new Brno 375 is now on sale here for 2.5 lakh !!!

Thats how far it gets here

Cheers
TC

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:46 pm

sticker shock?

An understatement,my friend. :shock:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."