How practical is the ammo limit of 100/200

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: How practical is the ammo limit of 100/200

Post by pgupta » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:43 am

KDS991213 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:38 am
pgupta wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:02 am
KDS991213 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:55 pm

no
Come on why be rude. Timmy is right limit on ammo is less ridiculous than 10000 limit however both are ridiculous.
I am kidding. I Just said that I knew people who shot like 100,000 rounds. I don't even know why he took it as an offense.
:cheers:
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Don't worry guys as like we civilian folks shooting practice is an issue with our defence guys as well.

Today I was in train to Kolkata and two Para military ( I don't want to name the para military unit) chaps were with me. They are traveling from Mumbai and going to Dibrugarh. As we were chatting in general they said that from their unit some of the guys were gone for a foundation course for some special operations Groups. In that course approx 200 joined. It was in Coimbatore and in that training include the scores of shooting as well.
More than 80 person is failed to score the pass grade in shooting. They said that if they can get more ammo and time to practice the. Their colleagues will definitely score better..

So.. in short Ammo quota is not only a civilian specific problem.. :D :D
Regards

Shivaji

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:51 pm
Don't worry guys as like we civilian folks shooting practice is an issue with our defence guys as well.

Today I was in train to Kolkata and two Para military ( I don't want to name the para military unit) chaps were with me. They are traveling from Mumbai and going to Dibrugarh. As we were chatting in general they said that from their unit some of the guys were gone for a foundation course for some special operations Groups. In that course approx 200 joined. It was in Coimbatore and in that training include the scores of shooting as well.
More than 80 person is failed to score the pass grade in shooting. They said that if they can get more ammo and time to practice the. Their colleagues will definitely score better..

So.. in short Ammo quota is not only a civilian specific problem.. :D :D
Well this is truly a new phenomenon as I myself being a army brat remember how weekly target practice were conducted in the past and we used to look forward to it. Hopefully things will be back to normal someday.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am

Not adequate at all in fact there should be no limits on a consumable . However the bigger factor in India is price . I have quota of 15000 but can I afford to go buy ammo at the prices it is sold in India for the four different calibers I have .. answer is no. Our laws and our market are very restrictive.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357