MY REVISION PETITION

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: MY REVIEW PETITION

Post by 4X4 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:53 pm

Judges usually don't have much time to go through the entire petition, it's your Lawyer's job to explain the brief of petition to the Judge.

Also you need to reherse your answers well incase the Judge questions you , you can't tell the Judge that it's in the Petition. So kindly prepare well for all types of Questions the Judge may ask you. The most important question would be that if you have a Hand Gun and if you were confronted by robbers , how will you handle the situation , and will you aim and fire at the robbers. Your answer to this question would be the deciding point whether to issue a Firearms License or not.

So please prepare well as to what you will answer to this question. Take help of fellow forum members who already carry a license.

Also be ready for attending on various dates to the court , usually all doesn't end in a single hearing. Dates are usually given in a gap of a month.

All the best , be confident in front of the Judge, he/she would need to that you are a confident and mentally strong person to be responsible to carry and use the firearm.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:05 am

I learned a lot from this thread.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Any word on what happened in Appeal or say revision ?? Success should not come with a long face .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:50 pm

This recent order by the Jharkhand High Court may prove useful.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28491
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:01 am

mundaire wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:50 pm

It would certainly be interesting to see what happens when backed by that court decision. I eagerly look forward to the results. :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Ambi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Ambi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:17 am

ckkalyan wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:01 am
mundaire wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:50 pm

It would certainly be interesting to see what happens when backed by that court decision. I eagerly look forward to the results. :)
The issue of Gun license is decided on individual merit, and a judgement in one case cannot be cited as precedent in another case, except when it involves interpretation of rules. In the case cited below the honourable judge appears to have held that
- except persons of unsound mind or, those who are unfit for holding the licence under the Arms Act, or prohibited by law from possessing a gun,icense will not and cannot be denied, whether credible threat is deemed to exist or not.
Without a PIL in SC to give similar ruling, the majority of the applicants will have to resort to litigation to get a gun license.
Will @mundaire please organise?

https://www.livelaw.in/news-updates/mad ... end-176017

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:57 pm

Maybe this comment from me is kind of misplaced but please let this be taken in discussion . In my honest opinion the mainstream media has been public enemy number one for a long time . The way they play with public mind the subtlety of their ways the cunning and mean ideas they employ to mould outlook of gullible people at large is beyond comprehension for most people.

For an example look at this article - https://m.tribuneindia.com/news/sports/ ... ide-351020

Reading between the lines you will find how meticulously they portray a suicide into a gun problem and also subtly throw mud on shooting sports .

That's how those who ask to carry gun are villainized systematically.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:34 pm

And maybe this time the Nobel peace prize goes to these ultra look good feel good people here -

https://arunachaltimes.in/index.php/202 ... siang/?amp

And one of our forum members Hkashyap is facing troubles in obtaining Arms license in Arunanchal .