Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Just look at post of eljefe---------full of information, details, and analysis. This is what one expects when a topic is raised---------raising a topic attracting sarcasm and so on is the last thing I or anyone want. I really appreciate elfefe's effort and I thank him for that. Most of what I wanted on the topic I got from the post of eljefe-------but of course at some cost, you dont perhaps get anything in this world for free.
Regards
VJha 8)

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:39 pm

I believe in keeping an element of surprise as thats a huge advantage. You are better off if someone underestimates your strengths and is unprepared when you retaliate. He would be better prepared if he were to know the threat level that is expected from an armed individual and would equip himself accordingly. All said and done, we are not a country of castle doctrines, so I'd agree with Senor' Jefe's commandments.

Cheerio
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:52 am

Asif, I used to know a few professional bodyguards and one of the best of them was a woman.........and by `eck she couldn`t half shoot !

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 am

would it be correct however to assume that a handgun coupled wirh macho look of owner has potential to scare more people away?
Regards
VJha 8)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:26 am

Vjha,

Please tell us one thing.Do you personally think that one needs to look tough and wear a gun in open to deter prospective assailants?

If yes, most of the people posted above seem to have made it very clear.

Now, where does this "scaring more people away" come from?Why do you want to scare people away?If you display your firearm in a threatening manner, you are done for.Also, very bad PR for decent gun owners.

Now, can we stop the juvenile drivel please?How old are you BTW?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:33 am

By people I mean people with malice intention in fact.
Regards
VJha 8)

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 am

Does my age really matter? it is well above 21 year though which is what should matter.
Regards
VJha 8)

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:06 am

Why dont we confine ourselves to reply to posts on informative basis rather than making it personal making hostile comments? I think if a post does not interest me or my thinking I rather avoid making any reply.
Relevance of a post is individual specific---there may be occasons when someone may need clarification of this sort in future and then this site may prove useful. Brainstorming is a mechanism by which we really hit upon some great things. So encouraging diverse views and going through the same academically has no parallel perhaps.
Regards
VJha 8)

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:22 am

:roll:

eessh.... kya bolega....

Vjha bhai, since you already seem to be convinced about the answer to your question.... why waste everybody's mind space striking up another so called 'debate'?

You asked if looking mean with a visible gun in conjunction would be enough of a deterrent. You yourself answered it in your second post and 'invited' others to agree with you. What was there to analyze? Obviously, you give yourself too much credit.

Gentlemen like Mack The Knife and Eljefe were polite and patient enough to provide you with some tips.

Like in the revolver thing, if you feel gun and macho is the way to go, by all means put your own theory to the test. You could prove yourself right you know?!....You could start by eating more carbohydrates for bulk, grow a handlebar(Oil it regularly), slick back your hair, grow a mullet, grow a big mole, chew a lot of paan and learn to spit with arrogant zamindari ease, cultivate more chest hair, wear a lot of rings, of course as Rusty suggested- always have a prominent tikka.... train yourself to sweat profusely on your nose tips, and forehead and of course, your arm pits....and oh yes don't forget to carry your gun... ;)

As for me, I'd take Senor 'jefes advice and run for my life...and generally avoid 'stand and fight'...unless I'm defending my family and property.

regards,
cc

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 pm

LOL- this threa is getting more and more amusing to follow
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 pm

cottage cheese";p="36953 wrote: You could start by eating more carbohydrates for bulk, grow a handlebar(Oil it regularly), slick back your hair, grow a mullet, grow a big mole, chew a lot of paan and learn to spit with arrogant zamindari ease, cultivate more chest hair, wear a lot of rings, of course as Rusty suggested- always have a prominent tikka.... train yourself to sweat profusely on your nose tips, and forehead and of course, your arm pits....and oh yes don't forget to carry your gun... ;)
regards,
cc
Add a Pitbull or a Rottweiler and the look is complete a.k.a. Spring Fall Tough Mucchhar (Mustachioed for Grumps) Collection.

Well I'll give you this Vjha, you spice up the proceedings mate :twisted: .

Vjha Janab,
One quick query, you say "Soft Look with Handgun". Now how on earth would anyone know you are packing if you have a CCW (Soft look or no soft look), unless you choose to "DISPLAY".Most of the folks in this forum are using CCW, note the usage of the word 'most'. The locations we live in dont warrant or exactly support "DISPLAY"(soft look or no soft look).

I've been to places where display is pretty common,esp in parts of Western U.P. So, your logic may hold true in those scenarios but its not globally....heck,not even nationally relevant.

Therefore if you choose to THISPLAY (sic) thats where the look part comes in, otherwise its useless.

regards
8)
OUP
Last edited by OverUnderPump on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 pm

Yeah, it's really funny init? With vjha's funny questions and the verbal reprisals it has really made my day :-)

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:10 pm

An interesting quote-
"There's nothing I hate more than a pussy. Especially a pussy with a gun in his hand."

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:41 pm

LOL :lol:
- And that`s easily the best comment in this whole silly discussion.

I was going out to shoot a few Pigeons this morning but now I`m in a quandary: Should I shave first or not ? Will I attract the Woodies by being clean-shaven ? Will I put them off by not being so ? Should I go in concealed carry mode ( carrying my body around I mean ) by wearing my camo gear or should I wear a suit and tie to attract the Pigeons to me ?
I`ll have a discussion with any Woodies, Foxes, Bunnies, etc I meet and ask whether they think I should shave or not.

You`ll have to be careful just how `soft` you look. Carry the image too far and you`ll attract every gay-basher in town. Look too bloody hard and you`ll attract the `I`m harder than you` macho jerks who`ll take you on just for the sake of it.
There`s also the fact that nothing looks more pussylike than a macho image taken too far. Dog the Bounty Hunter wears a three day growth, a blond mullet, a leather jacket and tattoos and is a gay icon !

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 pm

"By people I mean people with malice intention in fact."

In fact you mean MALICIOUS intention.

:twisted: :lol: