Rape Prevention- 2 options

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
saifdiwan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Rape Prevention- 2 options

Post by saifdiwan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello Everyone:

Hope you'll are doing good. Logged in after a month's time- was busy sorting out some life's stuff. Came in to share a video- a friend of mine from Boston made a short film. Please have a look.

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks,
Saif

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Rape Prevention- 2 options

Post by Vikram » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Whoever produced this video deserves a Nobel Peace Prize! What could be written volumes about is demonstrated in a minute.Thank you for posting this here.Wish our policy makers watch this.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:45 pm

A very good video. But the sad part is that neither option would be easily available to the women out here.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Excellent video, drives the point home, convincingly .

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:23 pm

sorry, I did not buying it as viable defense options especially in Indian scenario.

option first dial 100, cops will track your mobile, sent GPS data to nearby patrol, they will arrive in a minute. he he
option two, the girl should be a real expert to be able to make even one shot to assailant from that distance.

best anti rape weapon of all time in South East Asia been a karambit.

teach your wife and daughter how to use karambit be sure they carry it all the time, they never be raped.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 pm

we should send this video to every one in our e mail list, amazing video.. thanks for sharing

regards
farhan lateefi
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Indian scenario, for the umpteenth time is being sadly and frustratingly picturised in News channels now.. a MNC employee raped and none other than victim has seen the Police Station.. Thanks to the scumbags we elect!!!

Thomas

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Very good video. Not only applicable for rape but also for mugging/robbery/self defence etc etc.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 am

Good Video.

Subal, with a little training, many can hit a target with a handgun, even a girl.
Here on Oleg's site is his story about a 15 year old girl hitting a half size silhouette target at 40 yards with 50 to 70% of her shots. In theory, she should be able to hit a full size silhouette at double that distance.
This is with all the handguns she tried including a .44 Magnum snubbie!!! I don't think she would classify herself as a expert.

Without training and opportunity, probably not so much or maybe not at all.

LINK: http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/932910.html
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 am

xl_target wrote:Good Video.

Subal, with a little training, many can hit a target with a handgun, even a girl.
Here on Oleg's site is his story about a 15 year old girl hitting a half size silhouette target at 40 yards with 50 to 70% of her shots. In theory, she should be able to hit a full size silhouette at double that distance.
This is with all the handguns she tried including a .44 Magnum snubbie!!! I don't think she would classify herself as a expert.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

no doubts in it.

distance I mean guy running on her, she even do not have time to get her gun out. second once she see the guy she should be moving back increasing distance, she did not. this is amateur video, follow it you get yourself killed.

better watch some professionally made videos and learn things from proper source

and nothing better then karambit for woman self defense.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:28 am

hey,my friend is in boston too on a research work at harvard.he says ally's are real dangerous.kindly send this to our government.atleast then they will realize what it means

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 am

Subal das wrote:
xl_target wrote:Good Video.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

no doubts in it.

distance I mean guy running on her, she even do not have time to get her gun out. second once she see the guy she should be moving back increasing distance, she did not. this is amateur video, follow it you get yourself killed.

better watch some professionally made videos and learn things from proper source

and nothing better then karambit for woman self defense.

You're right Subal, in the video shown there was very little time to react. Shooting is one thing, shooting accurately under intense pressure is another. None of us know how we will react when faced with a situation like that. We can only hope that we will acquit ourselves well and hope that we can avail ourselves of every advantage that a law abiding person has (by carrying a legal weapon or weapons with which we can defend ourselves). Whatever the means we use, we hope we can walk away from an encounter like that, alive.
kindly send this to our government.atleast then they will realize what it means
Dr, sir, one thing we do know is that most governments don't care. Citizens of a democracy are lucky, they can vote miscreants out of Office. That seems to be the only language that the vast majority of these Politicians understand. Citizens of more restrictive forms of government don't have that luxury.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am

just now was on TV, ex model been molested in Bangalor, she was surrounded by guys and called police, police said - But what we can do?
later they refused to register complain also.

so, no better option then karambit for woman in India

http://www.knifepro.com/store/pc/Tops-S ... ffiliate=2

she can cut 2-3 of them easily others will run, nobody will jail her for that, media will make her hero, so why not. That is what they deserve after all.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 am

Subal das wrote:sorry, I did not buying it as viable defense options especially in Indian scenario.
option first dial 100, cops will track your mobile, sent GPS data to nearby patrol, they will arrive in a minute.
Not really, some of us were in stuck in a brawl once (1:30 am) and the cops were being repeatedly called to the scene; complete with directions. The nearest police station by the way was just a km away but it took the Cops more than 45 minutes to get to the spot and break up the fight GPS tracking notwithstanding. And given the low police-public ratio I'd highly doubt if a cop is available within a 'minutes' distance to any one of us, unless he/she is 'more equal'.
Subal das wrote: best anti rape weapon of all time in South East Asia been a karambit.
Its a subjective view, using a Karambit or any knife effectively requires a lot more practice and physical fitness as compared to a gun. Granted that is a very effective concealed weapon, but so is a punch dagger. I might sound sexist when I say that most average men are stronger than the average female and the chances of getting disarmed are higher the closer the assailant gets.

Without negating or waxing eloquent on the benefits of a knife or a gun, I'd say that practice/familiarity with the weapon is of paramount importance. The rest just falls in line.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Apart from what OUP said, a gun has more psychological advantage than a knife.How situations unfold is a guess.If the choice is between a gun and a knife for self-defence, I would pick a gun any given day.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."