Rape Prevention- 2 options

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Rape Prevention- 2 options

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm

better to have both gun and knife. no time to draw gun go for knife. A lot of people who relay on gun only killed by knife, including police.

there is group in US called Dog brothers, they made an attempt to bring it in one interface, empty hand, gun, knife.

by the way karambit is almost impossible to disarm, at least I do not know anything.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

For Advertising mail webmaster
peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:07 pm

since the karambit is in your hand and actually firmly attached to it, it would only be a matter of disabeling the arm, which is a task that can be done in many ways, try a big dog instead, at least they give the advantage that while the dog is occupying the perp, you can get away. works wonders

peter
Life is to short for a low quality gun

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 pm

In most of the scenario, jst drawing the gun with confidence, is more than enough to deter the attacker, where as any other tool might not have the same impact.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 pm

sa_ali, gun has impact on those who has brain, once I made a click with a folder with hand inside my jacket's pocket, and two mafia guys retired in a second not asking any more questions. They presumed click was from gun. but there is a lot of crazy people who will not stop see you drawing gun, what you are you going to do then. been a confident means to be prepared to act adequately in any situation.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

saifdiwan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by saifdiwan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm

A gun is a gun is a gun. It has the best of it's impact. Pull the trigger- game over.

Thanks for the +ve feedback, everyone. Yes, we need to share this with our policy writers.

Regards,
Saif

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 pm

saifdiwan wrote:A gun is a gun is a gun. It has the best of it's impact. Pull the trigger- game over.

Thanks for the +ve feedback, everyone. Yes, we need to share this with our policy writers.

Regards,
Saif
Saif, that is simple in movies only, in real life you need to do a lot for training to be able effectively use your gun. Unfortunately people in India mostly do not understand importance of such training.
And because to get a gun is a such difficult task, once you get it - :cheers: time to celebrate, let them come. Mission completed.

But without proper training owning gun often just putting your life in unnecessary risk. Gun is just a tool, what is matter who is operating it.
I'm not against owning a gun, 100%%% for, point is, if you own a gun go to some school and learn ABC.

of course your friends released that video with best intentions, but why not to see some professional made video first.
Magpul Hand Gun Dynamics for example.
http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN004/76

or go for a course, if they are leaving in US, $500 two days course, including 1500rds ammo
http://www.magpuldynamics.com/training/b_handgun.shtml

respect
Subal
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:26 pm

yeah, but how many women in india are aware,i see no women have taken part in rkba.i know few women who own a pistol but very negligible.need more awareness.women and gun don't seem to fit well in our country.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:yeah, but how many women in india are aware,i see no women have taken part in rkba.i know few women who own a pistol but very negligible.need more awareness.women and gun don't seem to fit well in our country.
It is up to us to make them aware. It is up to you to teach your loved ones what you can so that they can defend themselves. Almost anything can be used a weapon for self defense. We need to make them aware and cultivate the mindset that they are not "just helpless women". It is mostly us men who are responsible for those feelings of inadequacy in many women. We must do what we can to empower them, both physically and mentally.
My daughter started Tae Kwon Do at the age of four. When she got older, I taught her to shoot. She has her own handgun now and a permit to carry it. Even though she is smaller than most of the kids her age, no one has ever picked on her. As parents we have a duty to teach our children to be self reliant and have confidence in themselves.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

nvnrjn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nvnrjn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:yeah, but how many women in india are aware,i see no women have taken part in rkba.i know few women who own a pistol but very negligible.need more awareness.women and gun don't seem to fit well in our country.
Dr. Jayakumar, you have actually said something that I have been wondering about myself these past few days.
How many civilian women in our country have licenses to own firearms? Also how many carry them everyday? Though I agree that most licensed gun owners don't conceal carry everyday, it would still be interesting to know the statistics.
Maybe we should start a poll in IFG and see how many women vote on there saying if they have gun licenses or not.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:36 pm

How many civilian women in our country have licenses to own firearms?
The government is the biggest culprit. Besides the usual difficulty in obtaining arms licenses, the government has artificially increased the price of arms and ammunition by doing the following two things:

1) Allowing only IOF to legally manufacture rifles and handguns in the entire country of 1.2 billion people. Thus market monopoly for IOF is created. Due to this monopoly IOF is able to sell firearms and ammunition at extortionate prices, which are beyond the reach of average citizens. Similar arms and ammunition of far better quality are available in the international arms market at fraction of the price at which IOF is selling its arms and ammunition.

2) To further help IOF in its monopoly in 1986, the government under the guise of controlling terrorism(everyone knows that terrorists prefer to have unlicensed AK 47s etc. rather than NPB pistols and rifles, that too obtained on licenses), the import of arms and ammunition has been put under restricted list of EXIM policy.

And last but not the least, the matters have been further compounded by the ignorance of people that RKBA is their fundamental right guaranteed by our Constitution: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p117785
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:36 am

xl_target wrote:
It is up to us to make them aware. It is up to you to teach your loved ones what you can so that they can defend themselves. Almost anything can be used a weapon for self defense. We need to make them aware and cultivate the mindset that they are not "just helpless women". It is mostly us men who are responsible for those feelings of inadequacy in many women. We must do what we can to empower them, both physically and mentally.
My daughter started Tae Kwon Do at the age of four. When she got older, I taught her to shoot. She has her own handgun now and a permit to carry it. Even though she is smaller than most of the kids her age, no one has ever picked on her. As parents we have a duty to teach our children to be self reliant and have confidence in themselves.
that is great way to rise kids in our violent world. in US you can even teach her silat. Silat is incredible efficient defense system and a lot of fun to learn too.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

IndiansForGuns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by IndiansForGuns » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 am

saifdiwan wrote:Hello Everyone:

Hope you'll are doing good. Logged in after a month's time- was busy sorting out some life's stuff. Came in to share a video- a friend of mine from Boston made a short film. Please have a look.

[youtube][/youtube]

Thanks,
Saif
Out of two, calling emergency number option will miserably fail in India. In recent gang rapes, law enforcement agencies were notified as the initial abduction occurred but what was the outcome? The ladies got raped, and accused were arrested after many hours of search. What ladies want to see is, when dialed emergency number, cops should be on the scene within minutes but of course these will never happen in India. This is one more reason why OVER feminine ladies of India should learn an awesome offense!
Over feminine women of India are biggest weakness of the country - Mahatma Vinit.

DOM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DOM » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

option 2 is best
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose

shooterkingsley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooterkingsley » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Excellent video :agree:

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Aloha,

The video is simplistic at best. Not real world.

The Women gun owners that I know, will shoot first and talk later.

The first warning a rapist will get is the sound of the gun firing. That will also be the Last thing they hear.

When asked by a woman, when to stop shooting, I tell them when the bad guy is Down on the ground

and no longer a threat to her(family). I teach women that as long as the Bad Guy is upright and standing,

to shoot til empty and go for the reload as long as there is a threat.

My Wife has been told by police officer friends that she can shoot better and reload a semi auto

faster than many regular officers who consider their gun a "tool" of the trade. Not a Life saving device.

If men want their Women to learn "the Way of the Gun", they will have to change their thinking about

Women and Guns.

In the US, it is Women gun owners that have a huge effect on Gun sales because of changes

in laws that govern Concealed Carry of firearms.

Edit: This is a "test" by Massad Ayoob that I enjoy handing out to women who Understand the Real World.

http://www.corneredcat.com/The_Armed_Wo ... tude_Test/

Also Google Tueller Drill by Salt Lake Police Lt Dennis Tueller. You will understand WHY I advocate Women

shooting first. The Wife and I demonstrated this to a local news paper female editor. After which she became

Very Pro-Gun.