Disaster or Survival Firearms Situation SHTF

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Disaster or Survival Firearms Situation SHTF

Post by Bruno22 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:if a situation arises i could take my guns ans escape to a near by forest and live happily there after!like in movies!!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :D
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bespoke » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:26 pm

I think the first things one needs in a disaster or a survival situation is physical strength firearms ,edged weapons are tools to assist you so anticipation of this kind of situation should motivate everyone to exercise regularly and keep fit and foremost is you courage during 1984 riot’s one of our relative in Delhi and my Grandfather at his farm in U.P sat on their verandah’s on first floor closed the gates and in U.P as soon as the MOB was on gates with local police in charge shot few shots in air and one really close to feet of police officer and few seconds later all you could see was topee of police inspector ,chappals and few lungis but in Delhi MOB tried to climb his walls and gates he did try shooting in air but when they didn’t stop he shot two of them dead with his .318 WR with his son on other side of verandah and women of the family were taught to reload if needed.
I recall a very interesting episode narrated to me by a old gentleman who used to accompany my Grandfather everywhere and at some point of time he and his sons bought a piece of disputed land in Haryana and they own the court case but the Village panchayat wasn’t ready to surrender ,while they were in their lawyer in courtroom the lawyer asked how many of you here today so the gentleman said me and my two sons ,lawyer said the village mob has gathered in the complex of court and are going to beat you to pulp or worst the sons got all panicked but old man had a .38 Webley revolver did not and told his sons that our only chance is if we shout and make noises like a beast when we pass them and it had the desired effect on the Mob their beastly shouts and no one came forward and the escaped unhurt .

I think pump guns are good self defense guns with a good handgun but physical fitness, courage and ice cold thinking is the key in survival situation.
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:if a situation arises i could take my guns ans escape to a near by forest and live happily there after!like in movies!!
Bruno22 wrote:
:agree: :agree: :agree: :D
You guys may wanna watch a film named Into The Wild
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 pm

bruno and dr jayakumar,

I guess you guys might run out of ammo.

reg,
drifter.

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Knives, bows and arrows...and its a movie, the bullets never get over. :D
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 am

Bruno22 wrote:Knives, bows and arrows...and its a movie, the bullets never get over. :D
Certainly hope not.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 am

If you want to analyze a true "SHTF" scenario, read about Argentina during the 1998-2003 depression. You can find a lot of factual and anecdotal information if you look for it.

One of the major nuggets of knowledge is that a handgun that you carry with you always is a major help. The time to worry about getting attacked is when you are fixing the well pump at 11 at night. It was pointed out that the "bad guys" never come marching in a line across a field waving pirate flags, so a high capacity shotgun or rifle is really not needed nearly as much as a decent handgun you carry on your person always.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

goon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goon » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

This topic comes up at times in the US as well. For my own uses, I would take a good centerfire handgun as a primary weapon. I like .357 Ruger revolvers because they are reliable and powerful, and the .357 is a very versatile round. But any reliable centerfire handgun that you can shoot well and carry with you concealed would work. I also like semi-automatic rifles, but I'm not sure of their legality/restrictions in other countries. But if I couldn't have a semi-auto, I would take a Lee Enfield .303 with a decent supply of ammunition and feel pretty well armed. Personally, I don't really need a shotgun. I like .22 rifles for cheap practice and because they can be used for subsistence hunting if it is really necessary, but I think a supply of food that you have stored before a crisis is much better than foraging for wild animals.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 am

I was visiting Tbilisi (capital of Georgia now), quite regularly during 2 years before partition of USSR and I remember well how situation was gradually escalating and it was very easy to see were it all heading. first just tents with fasting individuals near parliament building on Prospect (avenue) of Shota Rustavelly, then they stopped traffic and soon after situation transformed into sort of civilian war. Making parallel with situation in India, I will not make big mistake by saying that we may have escalation and riotings in most of large metros, starting from Delhi of course, in 2 years from now. taking also in account development of situation in the whole region in general.

I think colonies which organized and prepared may be in much better situation, compare to places were people think about them selves only. Simple having a guns may be not enough.

suppose You are living in big city in colony with well organized defense, why would you need to go to forest. Get organized, identify capable individuals, assign roles and your colony will do just fine in any riots. I may be day dreaming but let see what can be done in best case scenario.

How to organize defense of your colony in urban set up. What do you need to have: 1. command post, 2. Communication post, 3. Medic 4. observation posts, 5 Patrol.

In such approach you may have 10 guns or more exactly were and when You need them. Rioters will learn fast that is not good place to visit. Once your colony is secure look out to help others. and best deference is offense.

Contrary, there is a lot bad examples in recent history when people been slaughtered just because they were not organized and not prepared to such developments.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"