Potentially sticky situations that turned out to be funny

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
penpusher

Potentially sticky situations that turned out to be funny

Post by penpusher » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm

If you have any such stories do share them with everybody

I will quote one:-

My father was posted at -------.We had a big house and kept buffaloes near the outhouses.Fodder for the cattle was grown in an a couple of acres near the outhouses.We have a variety of fodder that we call 'chari' sown along with maize and that grows just as high as maize, to feed to the cattle. This was when militancy was at its height in Punjab and we had a small contingent of gaurds from a central agency to provide static security along with men from the local police.One night one of the sentries on duty near the outhouses noticed a movement in the the fields in which 'chari' and maize had been planted.By then the plants had grown tall enough to hide a man.

Considering the situation at that time and not willing to take any chances, the sentry rang the allarm.Soon there were men running around to man their positions and about ten surrounded the field from which the movement had been noticed.One of the servants ran in shouting that terrorists had enterd the house.All the doors were locked and the curtains drawn and lights switched off.We hudled down expecting firing to break out at any moment.After half an hour one of the security gaurds told the cook to tell every body that everything was 'ok'.I came out to find the jawans laughing and smilling while one of them lead out the "terrorist" on a rope.It was one of the buffaloes that had got loose and entered the fields.

Take care,
penpusher